Usually any discussion or argument that involves taking sides can be effectively narrowed down to the question: "Why can't you be more like me?".
There's a need for validation. Even when it involves subjects such as bullying or snobbery it boils down to requiring the feeling to be right. If the other succumbs to that person, it reassures them they're right because it's another voice like them.
However, every person has their own reasons for wanted to be on a side. I guess I'm a little confused sometimes, in so far that if I pay for a game I want to get the most out of it, so playing effectively 50% of the game only feels a bit unusual to me.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Usually any discussion or argument that involves taking sides can be effectively narrowed down to the question: "Why can't you be more like me?".
There's a need for validation. Even when it involves subjects such as bullying or snobbery it boils down to requiring the feeling to be right. If the other succumbs to that person, it reassures them they're right because it's another voice like them.
However, every person has their own reasons for wanted to be on a side. I guess I'm a little confused sometimes, in so far that if I pay for a game I want to get the most out of it, so playing effectively 50% of the game only feels a bit unusual to me.