What's up with the sudden drop in FPS?

I'm playing on PC and ever sinse the past 2 or 3 updates, the FPS has dropped drastically. I used to get 60-50 frames but now i get 20-30. I know it's something with the game itself because all the other games run just fine.

I've done everything I can think of to try to fix it; restart the computer, verify game files, disc cleanup, leave the computer off for a few hours, but nothing has worked. Does anyone have solution to this? This has literally made the game completely unplayable and I really want to do the challenges...

Comments

  • @Izo_Quartz said:

    I'm playing on PC and ever sinse the past 2 or 3 updates, the FPS has dropped drastically. I used to get 60-50 frames but now i get 20-30. I know it's something with the game itself because all the other games run just fine.

    I've done everything I can think of to try to fix it; restart the computer, verify game files, disc cleanup, leave the computer off for a few hours, but nothing has worked. Does anyone have solution to this? This has literally made the game completely unplayable and I really want to do the challenges...

    Same problems have been hurting performance on console as well, ever since the last two patches came out. Worsens on indoor maps.

  • @ImagineUcareForPips said:

    BHVR made an update

    I've only seen them address the FPS on console. I havn't heard about them saying anything about FPS issues for PC.

  • I’ve always gotten 45 on my pc.

    but on Xbox I’ve noticed a drastic decrease in FPS. Skill check? Frame drop.

    sloppy butcher? Frame drops

    thana mid gen repair? Frame drops until I get off the gen.

    kindred activates? (Which sucks I love kindred with open handed) frame drops.

  • It has been brutal on console. Person hooked frames drop, person dies frames drop, Indoor maps are atrocious, sloppy butcher makes me want to cut out my eyes.

  • Same. I'm on PC, and I haven't played this game for like a week. Then the first game as plague today feels so bad... (FPS drop, lowered puke angle..)

    I am forced to turn the settings down to low to have a smooth game..