The biggest issue with this game is...

It's the community. By far. (you can skip ahead to paragraph 3 to get to my point)

We can talk all day about moris, keys, ds + unbreakable, tunneling, camping, gen speeds, slugging and all the many bugs this game has with people getting stuck in hills but the community is honestly what makes this game for frustrating than anything else.

Last night I had a match against a clown at Ormond. The lovely Claudette on our team DCd as soon as they got downed once (typical). So the match goes on and the killer tunnels and slugs people which is okay because they don't have to change their playstyle because one of our idiot teammates decided to DC. That's not the toxic part.

Towards the end of the match, he finally killed one of us and had me and someone else slugged. Instead of hook both of us, he just stands over me throwing bottles and keeping me slugged until both of us bled out. In post game chat, he comes in and says "I just wanted to hold at least one of you toxic SWF players and waste all of your time". Mind you I was STREAMING at the time and none of us were SWF (or at least I definitely wasn't and my teammates said they weren't either).

So of course me and the other 2 survivors that were there just laughed it off at how sweaty he was playing against 3 people and the killer then says. Told him to go get some friends and take a break. Small stuff. Then I left the chat. Apparently after I had left, he replied to me saying "Have fun living in fear of getting shot by the police every time you go outside" (I'm Black and live in America if anyone needs context on his awful attempt to troll)

Now I missed it of course because I had already left but the other 2 players reported him in game for that. He then decided to come to my Twitch channel (again because I was live at the time) and repeat the same thing (I had a friend screenshot and report it before I banned him)

Anyway, the TL'DR is There are so many people in this game who play with the sole purpose of attempting to ruin others gaming experiences and that to me is a far bigger issue than any of the things people actually complain about.

Comments

  • Its why I have disabled the chat and no one can leave comments on my Steam profile. I only suffer the harassment during the match itself and nowhere else. The community is too far gone for salvation at this point.

  • Before I came to this game a couple years ago, I heard all the usual horror stories of toxicity and I just laughed it off thinking there was no way it was as bad as people claimed. My god I wish I could go back to those innocent days. I received constant toxic messages on my Xbox profile for weeks after some matches, received death threats, slander, etc. I couldn't beleive how low people were willing to go over a game. I switched over to PS4 a few months back and my friend claimed it was much better than Xbox, but nope, the same again. I shouldn't have to make my profile private on PS4 or Xbox just to avoid people like this, since I've met some good people in the game, and others, but because of DbD and the absolute toxic salt you receive, I feel like the second your profile becomes public, you're just placing a target on yourself. I mean, there's always toxicness in any game, but DbD seems to go to levels beyond extreme.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    Before I came to this game a couple years ago, I heard all the usual horror stories of toxicity and I just laughed it off thinking there was no way it was as bad as people claimed. My god I wish I could go back to those innocent days. I received constant toxic messages on my Xbox profile for weeks after some matches, received death threats, slander, etc. I couldn't beleive how low people were willing to go over a game. I switched over to PS4 a few months back and my friend claimed it was much better than Xbox, but nope, the same again. I shouldn't have to make my profile private on PS4 or Xbox just to avoid people like this, since I've met some good people in the game, and others, but because of DbD and the absolute toxic salt you receive, I feel like the second your profile becomes public, you're just placing a target on yourself. I mean, there's always toxicness in any game, but DbD seems to go to levels beyond extreme.

    That's why I keep TTV in my name when I'm live. Because I've actually made some of my amazing friends through having people come to my channel or by going to theirs.

    But then you get people like I had last night and it's just like..... why are you like this???

  • Agreed.

    Whether it be the 'toxic' players with their in-game behaviour or the ridiculously narcissistic Muppet Show social media 'personalities'...the community is soul crushing.