Yet ANOTHER Survivor Pip Topic!
So, since I've got my Rank 1 achievement for killer I figured I'd go for survivor, and have hit an unexpected roadblock...
It's not that I'm being tunneled. It's not that I'm being face camped. It's LITERALLY because the killers are doing such a poor job at my rank of getting people I can't rank up.
People are MAYBE getting hit one to five times per match, maybe 1-2 hooks. And it becomes a mad dash to the hooks to get people off of them so MAYBE THIS TIME all this effort in a round might result in a pip.
That and the killers aren't finding me to get chase points for the Evader emblem. For all of BHVR's talk about wanting the game to be about stealth and hiding from the killer, if all you do is stealth all game you can't rank up. There is no reward for being stealthy outside of surviving. And while that is important, if all your getting per match is 10k BP or less on a match with zero pips because the killers weren't doing anything, then what the hell is the point?
The fact that I've made it to Rank 1 as killer makes this equally as frustrating because I watch end game menus of survivors in my matches who, after I'm done even if they're sacrificed, get upwards of 15k-18k a match and I know damn well that they've pipped.
Anyone else have thoughts on this? I didn't quite read up on the PTB about the changes to emblems but was there anything coming to address this issue?
Comments
As survivor, you actively have to do stuff.
What do I mean? During the trial, you need to actively repair gens, rescue people, and get chased by the killer.
If you don't manage any of these objectives, then escaping is probably your only hope.
2 1/2 gens, 1 hook save and 1 heal (or 3 heals with no save) and a escape will result in a pip without needing a chase. If you can get a chase or two by actually being chased or simply running past the killers view to "activate" a chase sequence you can substitute a heal or two.
I play solo survivor all the time and often never get found. The BP per match may suck because the game may favor being chased but getting a pip isn't tough.
I find it difficult to pip when teammates rage quit though as it limits your ability to do gens, get saves/heals and survive.
The emblems should directly reflect the points you receive in the various categories. Any points you get in the Boldness category should go into the Evader emblem, etc.
To pip as survivor you should follow the rule of 1: 1 gen solo, 1 save, 1 heal solo, 1 minute of chase. That's silver Lightbringer, Gold Benevolence, and silver/gold Evader. At this point you just need to stay alive for at least 9 minutes to get at least silver Unbroken. 3 silver (2 pts each) + 1 gold (3 pts) is 9 points (10 if you get enough Evader) which is the bare minimum to pip. Do anything extra or escape the trial and it's definitely a pip.
I would recommend to let the killer chase you. Even a small chase can get you enough Evader for a bronze, at which point you can get iri LB and Unbroken for 9 points.
You dont need any altruism to pip. You dont need to be chased to gain evader points, yes being stealthy inside the terror radius is actually rewarded.
And a side node, you can easily pip without any effort if the killer is bodyblocking the basement stairs looking into the basement, not offering you the chance for any chases or altruism.
My opinion: It is ridiculously easy to pip, FOR BOTH SIDES, rank 1 is a joke in this game