We need more aggressive balance to perks
The usable perk pool ratio is really sad. It feels like you are digging through a bunch of useless perks to get to the handful of good ones, and it has been like this for way too long. Please buff the mountain of perks that never see the light of day.
Comments
I say this and get hit with people telling me that's not how game design works. Honestly if they made other perks better id play more, buy more, and just be more involved with the game. 5 pages of perks as a killer or survivor and only 1 page is actually usable, but lets have them add another killer with 1 and/or 2 super situational perks...
They're afraid to add strong DLC perks after the MoM debacle.
I think they're heading in a good direction with the recent buffs to the Chainsaw Boys perks. Light born became a godlike perk for a 4 flashlight lobby, Franklin's is much, much more useful (judging by the amount of items I've lost 😪 it is a lot more difficult than I realized to go back and get my item). Tinkerer does what it is meant to do a lot better.
Knockout is still a meh perk but it's lowkey pretty cool on the survivor side (in a "wow, I love getting hyucked up by the killer!" sort of fashion LMAO) and it's probably actually useful for endgame in the "forced to slug near-ish to the gate because of DS so they get to crawl out for free" scenario since they crawl 50% slower for 15 seconds (which is just enough sometimes). Situational and not really worth bringing just for that, but it is a good buff regardless in my personal opinion.
Are you talking mainly about survivor or killer perks, btw???
If they made more viable perks you would see less people complaining about the small pp build due to BETTER PERKS, and vice versa to killer.
I do agree that there needs a shuffling of sorts to all perks (killer and survivor)
I hate how the balance changes are far and few between. They seem too scared to touch the numbers, even though we have PTB as well to get a player reaction.