PS4 - Plague Vomit Not Infecting On First Hit

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as The Plague in a public match

Step 3 : In-game, vomit on fully healthy survivor while in chase

Step 4: Survivor performs hit/sickness animation, has green “fume” animation coming from them as they run, but no infection symbol on their player icon in the bottom left corner until vomited on again.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

  • Character played: The Plague
  • Perks: Do not seem to affect bug
  • Map: Has happened on multiple maps
  • Frequency: Has happened multiple times in multiple trials
  • Notes: I chased a survivor around for a little while after vomiting on them when I first noticed the bug. Their infection never showed up on their player icon and they didn’t become broken throughout the chase, but they did let off the green “fume” animations the entire time. When I vomited on them again, their icon showed them as infected and eventually broken. However, I’ve only seen it from the killer’s POV.


Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • This is so annoying! Why do all these bugs have to be on plague 😠. Did they change the angle of her vomit back to normal yet?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I've noticed that if you infect the Survivors CARRIED ITEM without hitting the Survivor, the item becomes infected and emits the infection cloud (I performed this on a Quentin with a MedKit). The Survivor is ACTUALLY INFECTED, but they do not have a green outline on their profile, nor do you receive a Score event for it. They do become Broken.

    Reproduction Step:

    • Vomit on a Survivors Carried item without hitting the Survivor. (IE Medkit)

    Occasionally, when spraying like a fire-hose left and right at a stationary Survivor, one or two "hits" from the vomit stream may not Infect the Survivor, yet appear as though it does.

    The survivor plays the normal 'hit' animation from being vomited on, but there is no "infection" score event, nor do they become infected over time.

    Your description of the “spray left and right at a stationary survivor” sounds like what I’ve experienced.