Why I think keys should be removed
For starters I'm not a killer main, I'm a survivor main. I always dodge a lobby if I see a survivor holding a key because I don't like them for the simple reason that keys = bad teammates. I've played games before where a survivor who has a key has showed me where the hatch is and we've escaped together but most of the time keys make bad teammates.
I mostly solo queue and what I find is that survivors who bring keys prioritise generators over being a good teammate, or they just leave their teammates to die. Other times I encounter people who bring keys, camp around the map and wait for people to die or wait for their teammates to do generators so they can leave through the hatch. Even though I dodge lobbies with keys, people can still search chests and find keys and leave that way.
I know people say that keys are the survivor's equivalent to a mori but moris can always be dodged in some kind of way, survivors can dc from a mori or cleanse devour hope. This is why I think keys should be removed, or at least you shouldn't be able to find keys in a chest.
Comments
I love when im working on the last gen to save me and the 2nd survivor when i just see the hatch open and shut in the corner. Sigh head over and work on a gate the killer downs me and kills me on hook. Hate this goddam item from both killer and survivor.
Keys don't need to be removed, they just shouldn't be able to open hatch.
I don't think keys need to be removed i think they need to be revisited
Past that i don't think they need anymore changes.
Changes:
Agreed. Like moris, they promote selfish and unfun gameplay, and they throw off the balance completely when used.
Not to mention, they’re really boring items. They could use some seasoning. Maybe a pinch of oregano.