When people copy a streamer, and fail, be nice but what's your favorite funny story?
Just to get away from typical conversations lately, how about a walk down memory lane. I think we've all faced those players who saw someone do some cool "tech," in a video then thought they could pull it off themselves. What have you seen that made you laugh or cringe?
Again, not trying to be mean here so no names, I mean when people go out of their comfort zone and try to learn new things it can end up making them better players in the long run so that should be commended.
First, as a general rule I've seen a lot lately from "baby survivors," is just not understanding flashlights. They see people making flashlight saves all the time but they don't know that there is a timing to it. So they basically run over too late, turn the beam on you the entire walk to the hook and then keep trying afterwards, usually ending up in a free hit.
A specific story though yesterday I saw players taking the "commit to a gen," concept way too far. It was right at the start, I chased someone and downed her almost right at a gen that two players were working on. They ran off but as soon as I picked her up they hopped back on. I ended up hooking her, grabbing another off the gen, and hitting the last one working on the gen once. Now granted they got the gen done, but with all that pressure that was the only thing they got done all game.
Comments
My two favourites were a Feng that was doing the classic clicky clicky baggy baggy toxic thing and didn't realise that I had 99'd her as Ghostface about 3 minutes before. She tried to take a hit for a teammate and suicided on her first hook.
The second I was Myers against a Nancy/Bill combo that were trying to abuse the hook tech when it first came out. Thing is, you actually could hit survivors doing it by going behind the hook yourself. We were in the basement. Nancy go hooked, Bill did the tech, I sucked him dry, faked a swing, he got Nancy off, I bodyblocked and popped EW3 from her, downed Bill, hooked him, she did the tech and I just stabbed her and hooked her. They both died in basement and called me a hacker.