discussing underrated perks part 2: deliverance.

last time we covered soul guard but now we are going over deliverance, while deliverance has very big downsides compared to other perks, it can really punish killers when used in the right situation, here are some ways it can be used:


1- when used with decisive strike and borrowed time you can hook trade and be rewarded for it, with little to no loss besides being hooked and you should be rewarded with a gen or two popping while you waste the killers time.


2- you can punish the killer in the endgame with deliverance and decisive, especially if the killers camping you and trying to get a kill he doesn't deserve for playing so poorly.


3- as I have mentioned many times already deliverance heavily punishes killers for camping as you can wait just before you hit second stage while your friends doing gens, this puts the killer under a false illusion that he a has pressure and a free kill.


4- deliverance can be used to piss the killer off, most killers will tunnel you if you use deliverance and sometimes even camp you this is good as you will likely at least black pip and you should have made the killer depip


I personally believe it should be a meta perk what do you think?

Comments

  • Deliverance is underrated? I use it kinda frequently when playing solo especially now with the mmr that pairs me with new survivors, it is a really good perk and when I play as a killer I see it every now and then but I don't think it's underrated, just my opinion.

  • I wish it could be used i solo queue. When I have it active and I'm hooked, there's no way to signal that I'll unhook myself.. or better yet that I need to be the first one to rush the first unhook.

    When it works it's awesome though.

  • Why I think it’s a trash perk:

    1) If you get found first then it’s pretty much a wasted perk slot

    2) You are racing against other teammates to get the save for it to activate

    3) Teammates don’t know that you are running Deliverance, so they may waste their time trying to save you or farm you in front of killer.

    4) You pretty much have to pair it with DS. Especially if killer is camping.

    The only time I see it being useful is if it’s endgame and you pair it with DS & Unbreakable, where it pretty much guarantees an escape from a camping killer.

    A QoL buff would be having a deliverance symbol when you are hooked visible to other survivors.