similar killers should have link mmr
a rank 1 trapper should not start as a rank 20 hag or clown a rank 1 nightmare should not start as a rank 20 nightmare.
exceptions for some killers ie:nurse,huntress spirit
a rank 1 trapper should not start as a rank 20 hag or clown a rank 1 nightmare should not start as a rank 20 nightmare.
exceptions for some killers ie:nurse,huntress spirit
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
No, they should not because despite being similar, they all play differently. I'm a great Deathslinger but garbage with Huntress so how would it be fair if I got high skilled players if I play Huntress now. So no, they should not link because each killer has their own strength and weaknesses.
I agree you should not be paired with super high ranked survivors but they should also put into consideration your knowledge as a killer so when you pick Huntress you also do not get newbs. It seems like since the new MMR system is PER killer that if a Rank 1 player is OP with Billy but never used Wraith then the MMR with Wraith is gonna be 0 and be matched that way giving the killer the edge because yes he may suck with the Wraiths abilities but their overall knowledge of the game should be enough. Then this killer gets paired with fellow Survivors at MMR 0 which is either from what I am seeing new players or ones still learning and the killer stomps them to the ground.
They should look and see that yes this Rank 1 killers MMR with Billy is SUPER HIGH and yes it is 0 with Wraith so lets give this killer a average player but not newbs. A high rank killer could stomps new players using just M1 with their knowledge of chasing and looping that the new players do not have.
Overall yes I like what the new system is about but it still needs work because I am still seeing Rank 1 players using a first time killer and getting paired up with 3 Gray rank players.
some are very similar especially ones that loop like normal. obviously huntress and the rest i stated above wouldnt be part of this idea