The new matchmaking is a complete joke so far

I have no idea if the new system will get better as time goes on but so far it is proven that rank does matter even if it is a little.

  1. As a rank 1 killer with devotion 10 getting paired with a rank 17, 19, 20 and 8 survivors seems completely unfair for the survivors. I felt really bad because I knew they were low ranks.
  2. As a rank 1 survivor getting paired with others that have a few hours at best playing the game and don't even know how to do skillchecks is also unfair. Specially when the killer is also a red rank, I run the killer for minutes and the frustration that gens aren't being completed. I have lost several pips since the new system because of how broken it is matching people.
  3. How do we know the accuracy of the MMR system if we won't even be able to see the results because it is a hidden mechanic? Are we supposed to just trust the system that so far shows that it is not working?


To conclude, ever since the new matchmaking came out I haven't had fun playing the game at all. I really do hope that with time this MMR shows results because so far I am not happy at all.

Comments

  • I dont know about that. As days pass, it's getting better and better.

    As for the reason of hidden MMR, it's there just so you can't complain about unfair matchmaking. Previously you would see ranks and complain to Devs about your opponents. Now it's not possible

  • @Zeus said:

    I dont know about that. As days pass, it's getting better and better.

    As for the reason of hidden MMR, it's there just so you can't complain about unfair matchmaking. Previously you would see ranks and complain to Devs about your opponents. Now it's not possible

    You can still complaing by looking at perks/play time.

    If I see a rank 20 meg with adrenaline tier 1 when I'm devotion 14 I'm pretty sure there is a huge problem.