Plague Buff / Minor Rework Idea

Idea: 


Instead of having to transverse the map to gain her power from a corrupted fountain, the plague can hold control (or the equivalent console button) to lock her in place for a short amount of time (similar to the current fountain animation but maybe a bit longer) and activate her corrupt purge. During this time she may have a limited FOV and maybe a auditory warning to survivors that she has just entered corrupt purge.


Reasoning: 


I like that she gives survivors a choice to cleanse, however I feel like forcing a killer to traverse the map to just get their power is over kill. Survivors could just cleanse in a dead area of the map where gens are completed forcing the killer to waste valuable time to walk across the map to get their power instead of exerting pressure. 


Another reason is spam cleansing, simply allowing the plague to decide when she wants to activate her power won’t make this a viable tactic anymore as it would normally just waste a lot of time and make her power pretty redundant. 


Just comparing her to other killers such as the Oni who arguably has a much stronger power, does not have to cross the map to activate his power so why should a weaker killer have to?


Acknowledgements:


This change would definitely make her more of a threat, especially in locking down certain areas of the map, so I would understand if they have to tweak the length of corrupt purge or other factors perhaps hitting a survivor with your power will decrease the gauge bar (similar to Oni). I think it would be healthy for the game to see a greater variety of stronger killers. I also understand that some of her Add ons  are linked to her fountain animation but this could just affect her entering corrupt purge animation or do something completely different.

Comments