Solution to Solo Q and SWF disparity (inc. killers)
I don’t think many will disagree that there is a sizeable difference in the level of information and cohesion between Solo Q and SWF.
That said I know all SWFs aren’t death squads, plenty seem too altruistic when I play killer and get punished for it.
However I feel that Solo Q needs to buffed to make it to closer to SWFs. The game has largely remained the same over the last few years, some mechanics have changed sure but the core gameplay has remained the same, aside from the EGC implementation which has been a plus all things considered.
The devs seem to prefer the slow iterative process for improving the Solo Q experience as opposed to a massive shift from the norm – which is their choice though I wish the PTB was used to try wacky and innovative things. However I would like something to be done sooner rather than later. It would be awesome if the meta/gameplay had large changes periodically - it would keep the game from getting stale.
I am going to give some of my thoughts on how to improve Solo Q (plus killers) and want to see what your thoughts are.
I am not going to offer totally new mechanics as such, because I want to use what is already in the game as it would be easier to implement.
Solo Q
I think what solo Q players need is more information. So I think allowing every survivor to have five perk slots would be a good change. [Hear me out before the pitchforks come out]
What I would do is have the 4 slots + 1 special slot.
In that special slot you can only equip select perks, such as Bond, Kindred, Alert or Dark Sense. Basically Information perks.
IF you join a game WITHOUT a friend then this slot will activate and give you the ‘fifth perk’. Should you join with even 1 friend then this perk will NOT activate at all.
Meaning that the only value from it is when you play on your own. Allowing you to have more diverse builds like SWFs can afford.
Killers
With killers, I would like to see a universal special meter (kind of like specialists in COD) which would allow the killer to activate bloodlust at will (in or out of chase) once the meter is filled.
[Again, hear me out before the pitchforks come out]
This meter’s recharge will depend on how many survivors are in a party within the game and the meter will go on cooldown (needing to recharge) once the ability is used.
So, for example, if you play four players who are all solos then the meter would be at tier 1 max i.e. the slowest recharge.
However, if you play a full SWF party then the meter will be a tier 4 which would be the fastest recharge.
Allowing you to control when to activate bloodlust, at any time, will allow you to traverse the map quicker (so it benefits low mobility killers the most) and will let you potentially end chases quicker against coordinated teams.
The level of bloodlust (1,2 or 3) and the duration can be changed to whatever is most balanced, I am just pitching the concept.
There will be a tell of some sort 'tell' to the survivors that the ability has been activated, either locally or map-wide and there will be a short period of slowdown or animation to prevent it from being like Myers with a 99% meter.
Using the ability will reset normal bloodlust i.e. won’t stack.
Let me know what you think.
Feel free to shoot me down or add to it, but at least offer me your solution.
P.S. Basekit Kindred - or a weaker version of it would be my first choice though the Devs don't seem to want to implement it.
Comments