Should there be mechanics to help encourage the survivors to respect the Killer's presence a little?
Hi there, still fairly new myself, and I've noticed (both in my games and watching some popular streamers/a few "TTV" players I've come across to see their POV on our match since there's no replay system...) that a lot of survivor players love to get up close and personal with the killer, since the killer's mechanics are heavily limited, so with only a couple exceptions, a killer can only pressure one person at a time. So if you've got a clump of survivors, you can (generally) still just hit one.
This creates all kinds of fun little strats like body blocking and chasing the killer around the map and all that. And for the most part I think that's fine. Obviously experienced players aren't going to be "scared" of the killer, it's just not that kind of game once you're experienced. But how about a couple mechanics to help encourage them to at least respect the killer's presence enough that they maybe don't all clump up around the killer without fear of reprisal?
I'm not nearly experienced enough to actually come up with anything that I think would be a good, concrete addition to the game, but off the top of my head, something like M1 attacks cleaving if multiple survivors have been in the killer's terror radius for X amount of time, or maybe multiple survivors within X meters for Y amount of time, since you can extend your terror radius and some maps mean you'll be in it for a long time. (Being on the hook doesn't count.) Something that would really only "punish" survivors who kind of just forego the point of the game to fart around, kind of like how we have bloodlust.
I imagine this won't be a terribly popular idea, but I figured it couldn't hurt to gauge community feedback. I think in the end if you're doing so well you can go out of your way to try and meme the killer over and over, even something like this wouldn't put a stop to your shenanigans, although it might make you try this stuff from just a little further away, y'know?
Comments