Weird killer idea

First off, this is a stream of thought, here. Just came from a match where the idea occurred, so it might be a ramble. Image was where the idea popped into my head.

20200801010417_1.jpg

What if we had a trap based killer that used paintings to both monitor, and travel? Similar to Hag. Could also be mirrors, I suppose. They may display random scenery. Heck, maybe if use fan art. Mirrors would reflect survivors. Killer would be able to peer through. Either a direct link, or killer instinct. When doing so, and when traveling, the picture/mirror would distort. Maybe along the lines of Dorian Grey. Emphasis on the image warping. I know I'd jump a little seeing a picture melting when I'm in that room.

Thinking about it now, maybe Samara, from The Ring, would fit? I wasn't thinking a licensed killer, however.

Comments

  • That would actually be both cool and terrifying. Even if their power was just being an m1 killer that had to go around "activating" otherwise dormant paintings that get added to loops and buildings demo-style, that could potentially be quite strong.

    And imagine if you were in the House of Pain and saw a watercolour portrait stretch into a serial killer. DBD is more of a horror-themed game than a horror game (let's be honest, nothing stays horrifying in the horror genre) but that would never not disturb me.

  • In the case of The Ring, I would love for the killer to come out of a well or a television.