How to play Wraith: Told by a P3 Wraith Main

1: Wraith is an incredibly hard killer to play, if you are new go play someone like Doctor or Clown.

2: Don't play Wraith without a yellow or higher rank add-on. He is an add-on dependant killer and shouldn't be played without add-ons.

3: Don't play with his teachable perks unless you have trouble tracking survivors. (Exception for Shadowborn because a straight fov increase isn't that bad)

4: Cloak in, and out of chase. You're faster when cloaked so it's good to Cloak after you hit a survivor so you can catch up to them, after you get out of Cloak you also get a tiny speed boost that's good for hitting survivors.

5: Cloak to get around the map and when approaching a survivor working on a gen, come at them from unexpected angles. Examples of this are coming from a pallet so they can't get to it and you get an easy hit.

6: If survivors don't work on gens for whatever reason (This has happened to me a couple times and I don't know why survivors don't work on gens), start wringing your bell but don't fully come out of cloak, this can scare survivors and cause them to start running, revealing their location.

7: If you know a survivor has dead hard then when your red stain shows on their back, tap M2, or right trigger or whatever your bind is to start uncloaking, it makes the same noise as swinging and causes survivors to use their dead hard prematurely.

8: Don't use Insidious, for some reason the last times I went against a Wraith as survivor they had insidious equipped. Don't run this, just cloak. If you're cloaked and stand still you are completely invisible as opposed to standing still and being completely viable without a terror radius.

9: Have fun as Wraith because if you play him right he is an amazing killer to play as.

Comments

  • In case you were wondering how many hours in Wraith I have, I have a couple hundred.

  • I'm a wraith main as well, and this is amazing advice for a student of the wailing bell. I would also like to add: if the survivor hasn't seen you, bodyblock the nearest window and uncloak, so they can't get much distance.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    I'm a wraith main as well, and this is amazing advice for a student of the wailing bell. I would also like to add: if the survivor hasn't seen you, bodyblock the nearest window and uncloak, so they can't get much distance.

    Yes, I completely agree, and if you're using a good windstorm add-on then try to block survivors from getting to pallets while cloaked in chase.