First impressions of new auras (objectively)

Ok this isn't a rant, just my first impressions.

The new auras are definitely different, and at the moment I can't say its hindered me much as killer after about 6 games, however...

It has definitely tempered BBQ quite a bit. Its difficult to discern survivors now and often where I could usually spot all other survivors not in my tr or lockers now I usually only get info on one or two at best. It's not game breaking but has definitely lessened the impact of BBQ on my game. Also made it harder to apply good pressure straight after a hook. So overall I'm not impressed on that one, but its not completely dead either.

I find bitter murmer works as always as usually survivors are running from the complete gen and the easiest way to spot them with the new auras is when they are moving.

Looks like the new counter to aura reading killer abilities will be to just stand still and crouch, rather than tricky dicky moonwalking etc.

Where its really killed it is Trapper. Half my games tonight were with him and I can't spot traps to save myself. I have almost no good info about where to go to collect traps, making him even slower to set up and even more reliant on high tier bags.

Basically I would grab traps if a chase led me near them because I couldn't for the life of me spot them till I was really close. When they spawn across the map they are all but invisible. I also play on high res and couldn't imagine trying to spot them on anything lower.

I hope this is some precursor to refilling his traps from lockers because at the moment I am really struggling to spot where they are. If it stays like this it will render one of my favourite killers largely unplayable, as the added time sink to spot traps just makes him really sluggish.

I think I can get used to other effects of this current aura graphic but when it comes to the trapper he's basically gimped. It's gone from being strategic set up to lucky trap finder easter egg hunt.

Haven't faced any OoO yet but survivors I have played against have been rather dispariging of other survivor aura perks they have been running.

Comments