Solo Queue is actually breaking my mind

To all my fellow survivor main players, I'm pretty sure you all can agree when I say solo q is quite hard.

But i guess the entity really wants me to suffer everytime I play.

TL;DR a Nea dragged out a match to about 30 minutes by doing nothing but urban evade while i had to pump out 3 gens by myself and take a long uneventful chase.

Just had a game on Midwich against a huntress who wasnt very experienced. Anyways Nea gets hook but my gen was almost done, it was around 85%. She went into struggle cause either nobody cared or nobody knew where the stairs were.


Fast forward, all of my teammates except that one Nea i mentioned earlier, and in that time only 1 gen was done by me.

I had to do 3 gens BY MYSELF and hide, because i knew that if i got chased this Nea would actually let me die. She was crouched downstairs while I had to play m1 simulator on 3 gens, then i got found.

This huntress was holding her hatchet and chasing me around a pallet for about 5 minutes, the game has been going for about 20 minutes at this point. Of course when i finally ran out of resources and got bloodlusted i went down and saw Nea crouching somewhere not doing ######### and then she found the hatch.

What pisses me off about this game is not the dying the part, but rather giving your all and your teammates won by them doing nothing all game and leaching off of your feats.

Sorry for the rant, the match really grinded my gears,I actually wanted to strangle the Nea.

Comments

  • It depends on which rank you are if you ask me. I get some good teammates who push gens quite hard. Sure, there are exceptions but overall I think solo queue isn't as bad at red ranks. Purple and green is where all hell breaks loose. Solo queue will be painful at these ranks.

  • From a killers POV....

    I've seen this a few times... and was able to get that 'Nea' once

    but it's hard to change targets and find the stealth survivor when 3 or more gens were done

    I feel bad when end game screen shows that one survivor (we know which) and I either didn't find them or only hit them a few times

  • The problem you are experiencing is confusing "hard" with "frustrating". Solo que isn't actually that difficult when you accept that you cannot control your teammates, rendering the concept of "difficulty" null and void. After all, it's unreasonable to expect you do do literally twice the work with half the hook states.

    Suddenly you realise that you only have to pull your weight, and if someone else doesn't pull theirs then... Well, that's why we all want better matchmaking. Although, if the matchmaking does work, we're going to need a solid killer buff to compensate.