Still wondering.

I was wondering, what's the hold up for crossprogression with Xbox/PS4 (switch player wanting to transfer to xbox)? Is it them being selfish and not wanting? Problems with companies? Explain me BHVR?🤔

Comments

  • It’s cuz of the consoles being rivals pretty much they usually don’t like stuff being shared between them

  • Selfish and not wanting, most likely.

  • @RizeAki said:

    It’s cuz of the consoles being rivals pretty much they usually don’t like stuff being shared between them

    But Microsoft and Nintendo are actually great partners, I don't see why Mivrosoft would decline nintendo accounts?

  • @Kira15233 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474461#Comment_1474461

    But Microsoft and Nintendo are actually great partners, I don't see why Mivrosoft would decline nintendo accounts?

    I think they meant the rivalry between Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo is once again pretty much just doing their own thing and not really relevant to the "console wars" between PlayStation and Xbox.

    I would assume any major holdups are simply making sure that PS and Xbox cross-lobbies don't encounter any compatibility problems. They may be holding back on it until the new MMR matchmaking system is ready to go (they are experimenting with parts of that on Xbox).

    Otherwise it could just be pushback from Sony. They have been very resistant to crossplay for years (mainly due to an ongoing superiority complex regarding their network), and have been slow and picky about which games get crossplay enabled.

    I don't know if there are any plans to enable crossplay between the Switch and other consoles though. I'm a bit skeptical they would, as the Switch doesn't really match up to the specs of the PS4 or Xbox One, nor does it have all of the content that other platforms have (like Freddy and Leatherface). The Switch version of DbD is basically a modified build of the game (like how DbD Mobile is also different) and might not be completely compatible with other versions, at least for the time being.

  • @APoipleTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475504#Comment_1475504

    I think they meant the rivalry between Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo is once again pretty much just doing their own thing and not really relevant to the "console wars" between PlayStation and Xbox.

    I would assume any major holdups are simply making sure that PS and Xbox cross-lobbies don't encounter any compatibility problems. They may be holding back on it until the new MMR matchmaking system is ready to go (they are experimenting with parts of that on Xbox).

    Otherwise it could just be pushback from Sony. They have been very resistant to crossplay for years (mainly due to an ongoing superiority complex regarding their network), and have been slow and picky about which games get crossplay enabled.

    I don't know if there are any plans to enable crossplay between the Switch and other consoles though. I'm a bit skeptical they would, as the Switch doesn't really match up to the specs of the PS4 or Xbox One, nor does it have all of the content that other platforms have (like Freddy and Leatherface). The Switch version of DbD is basically a modified build of the game (like how DbD Mobile is also different) and might not be completely compatible with other versions, at least for the time being.

    I truly like the answer, I'd also like a dev or someone from BHVR to explain their reasons for the choices to then compare the community answers and theirs!