Survivor Rank Glitch
I found out Survivors can exploit this and use it there advantage to bring in high rank players to turn there Rank to 20 to face low rank killers. I have no idea how to do it but lately I've been going against higher rank survivors with low rank people. A week ago I faced 4 people rank 15, 16, 19, and 4.... I'm 15. was that balanced match making or am I over thinking it... there's been more that one. It's just thats the only I really remember off the top of my head.
Comments
This exploit is called SWF (survive with friends) and it breaks multiple aspects of the game.
Part of it is matchmaking, but the most outstanding issues occur due to voice communication within the SWF
The only thing a killer can do about that is lobby dodging.
If survivors join very shortly afetr each other or even at the same time, then it is most likely a SWF. The "leave lobby" button exists for a reason, dont be afraid to use it until devs address the SWF issues
With SWF ... This happens.. Nothing to do with your rank. .
IF you Que up with a Rank 20 Survivior you can Play Against Rank 20 killers... .
Had a Rank one in my Game the other Day
Rank should be removed. Instead new players will not be matched against anyone with X-amount of matches played or time played and will only be matched with other new players. After you hit that X threshold then everyone will be matched with everyone. Rank reset and SWF means that your rank means nothing unless you play solo. SWF will never go away because it would upset to much of the community since this game splits its player base, and most likely won't be affected in any negative light. I mean as a solo player I can now see when the obsession is being chased...for no good reason I get this information for free and now have 0 fear of being caught on my generator...for no reason...
SWF is a huge problem we need to just learn to live with if we want to play this game because nothing will be changed. By no means do I claim to know the solution and I can only imagine the Devs don't have a perfect solution either, so the best option we have is to simply live and let live.
It is called SWF. If you group up, as a R1 survivors with one R20 survivor in SWF group, you will probably always face a R20-11 killers.
It would be unfair for that one, R20 survivor to play against higher rank killer, am I right?
The Problem with this is people exploit this and make smurf accounts just so they can bully and annoy low rank players. Only way to fix this problem is to make a different ranking system that would match players with similar skill level.
Deranked to rank 12 in order to have a nice environment to play spirit. Half of my games consist of SWF with red ranks now, tryhrading with DS and flashlight. Games are even worse than at rank 8ish
Just a bad joke tbh, but I guess you can use the "exit lobby" button if you want.... (nice game design though)
It's because of SWF, it's not an exploit but a bug/feature made by the devs
2 high rank + 2 low rank - vs Rank 13-18 Killer
this has been since launch, nothing has been done about it
Devs:
"Got a rank 1? Oh well better luck next time! Killers you want to change your rank to 20 to destroy some survivors and up your rank easy? Nope can't do that. That's unfair."
The hypocrisy. Now I really understand why they didn't do it for Killers. It's 1v4 where with survivors you need a catylist... so it would actually be beyond unfair. This bug/feature doesn't help. It's bad and the devs should feel bad they ignored it for this long. As a low rank killer I hate how I'm suppose to shut up and take this.
Thank you to everyone who responded... it's been helpful