DC Bots and the DC penalty
With the possible introduction of DC bots in the near future, the implementation of the DC penalty system needs to be looked at again.
While the DC penalty did its job on paper, it massively increased the hook suicide rate. Hook suiciding is still gamethrowing, just like DCing.
Well, a bot isnt going to be nearly as helpful as an actual player (with my teammates I may prefer the bots) but they still do gens, unhook and heal, and can waste the killers time. On top of that, the killer still gets to use them to get BPs as well. If a gamethrowing player hook suicides, well, there is no bot to pick up their slack, since theyre dead.
Overall, we need to remove the DC penalty as is, if bots are going to become a thing. I would replace it with a negative multiplier applied to Bloodpoints. You gain less Bloodpoints for a match if you DC multiple times.
Comments
Lol this is basically what I posted a few hours back so I’m glad someone else can understand this.
If players are penalized for quitting, they will go out via hook suicides which means no bots for anyone left in the game.
I’d rather have bots. If someone hook suicides you can’t resurrect them into a bot.