Is it possible for the devs to allow people to migrate accounts across platforms?
I was thinking about crossplay, and then this question popped in my head. I play on the switch and I was curious if the technology exists so that one day players could use their same account on any platform?
One reason I think something like this should be thought about... I play on the switch and I have bought the killers, survivors, and a few cosmetics which equals up to a decent large sum of $. If the switch servers go down someday while the ps5, PC, etc stay afloat... switch players may have to start over? This is also a question when it comes to ps4 and xbone and if the devs let you continue those accounts on the new consoles. Lets be real, this game will be coming to the new consoles.
In a perfect world I would be bill gates and could afford to support the devs by purchasing all DLCs on every version, but that's not the case. I'm afraid I'll be buying the DLCs only once. It would also be nice to not have to start over all of the progression over. So I hope the devs someday allow players to migrate accounts somehow.
Comments
They are already working on Cross-Progression. You can read more about that here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/172863/breaking-barriers-with-cross-play-and-cross-progression#latest
So cross progression which got confirmed with crossplay?
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 already has this, so does Fortnite.
DBD has it confirmed (but not for playstation and xbox).
Thank you. I'm happy the devs thought about this already.