Will a gore system ever be implemented?

I find it moderately dissatisfying to cleave someone in two with Leatherface's chainsaw but leave no wound whatsoever. Especially during his mori.

Comments

  • They say they do it so the game doesn't get banned in other countries.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    They say they do it so the game doesn't get banned in other countries.

    Which countries? And why are they OK with the maiming and torturing involved with hooking a survivor but will draw the line at anything more than a drop of blood?

  • @SirCracken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462017#Comment_1462017

    Which countries? And why are they OK with the maiming and torturing involved with hooking a survivor but will draw the line at anything more than a drop of blood?

    From what I've seen its china and germany, those places are super strict with violence.

  • I would definitely like to see an option come to the game that ups the gore-levels for those in countries where it's not as restricted. I don't see them doing this though as that would require them to go back through a lot of moris & what not to update them to be more gruesome.

  • @SirCracken said:

    I find it moderately dissatisfying to cleave someone in two with Leatherface's chainsaw but leave no wound whatsoever. Especially during his mori.

    Total agreement here. However its also a problem with the models themselves. The devs had a hell of a time getting one FINGER to come off for Clowns mori.

  • It would be nice for moris but otherwise nah it doesn't really fit this games style. Also before you say its a horror game it should have gore, dbd is more of a arcade like chase game with a horror theme it's what makes this game special. Other asymmetrical games like Friday the 13 are different in that they are more horror like than arcade style gameplay.