BT doesn’t count as safe unhook?

I had a game where I unhooked someone killer hit them which gave them the BT effect and left them alone but I didn’t get credit for safe unhook. Shouldn’t it still count?

Comments

  • you mean that in the 2 hit, he must not go to the dying state? no

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    you mean that in the 2 hit, he must not go to the dying state? no

    I guess? I’m just referring to, unhook, killer hits him, survivors get BT, killer leaves him alone. Survivor mends and fully heals. No safe unhook?

  • @ThatOneGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459981#Comment_1459981

    I guess? I’m just referring to, unhook, killer hits him, survivors get BT, killer leaves him alone. Survivor mends and fully heals. No safe unhook?

    The truth is that I have never noticed it, I understand that safe unhooking is when the rescued survivor lasts a certain time without falling to the ground again.

  • Safe Hook Rescues are supposed to be when the rescued survivor lasts for 10+ seconds without going back into the dying state. BT is usually a guaranteed Safe Save because of its effect.

    Here's a snippet from the Emblems page about safe saves (in regards to the Benevolence Emblem, but same rules should apply for other things):

    20 points: awarded to the Survivor who performed the Unhook action if the unhooked Survivor was not downed within 10 seconds post-rescue

    I can only guess that something bugged out momentarily and the game forgot to reward you for the save.

  • Yes, you should have gotten a safe unhook because of the ill-concieved mechanic. No, that's not how safe unhooks should work, because you clearly tried to farm your teammate and didn't actually go for a safe unhook.

    The game often forgets to register things like that, I gave up on MoM not because it's a terrible perk (spoiler alert: it is) but because I wasn't getting awarded "protection hits" and/or MoM was often not registering protection hits when they were triggered (I got the notification and BP's popping up in my HUD).