The Shrine is Lackluster Now With 200 Perks
A couple days ago I saw a user mention a slight rework to the shrine to help new players grind easier while also creating more build diversity. I loved the idea and wanted to expand on it slightly and see what others think.
The shrine is now two seperate collections of four perks. One would be four survivor perks and the other would be four killer perks. If you use perks that are on the shrine you receive a bonus to your bloodpoints, something like 10-25% perk perk used, to help get people to use different builds.
I also think making it so the perks on the shrine are free to use by anyone during the week they're offered is another way to help new players. It allows them to test out new builds they might not have access to before spending their hard earned shards and includes them in the bonus bloodpoints.
At the end of the day the shrine is just not all that useful now that there are so many perks in the game. The grind for new players is atrocious and the devs need to seriously look into more ways to help. Why not help both of those problems?
Comments
I think being able to spend shards (or auric cells - might give them incentive to implement it though I wouldn't like this method) to re-roll a perk or the whole shrine would be better than what we have now. That said I know that they have specific shrines to help with the completion of tomes but if you have those perks (or don't care about the tome) then you should be able to re-roll.
Imo the shrine is cost ineffective for the actual purchasing of perks. The shrine is where I get blood points now for the week.
Buying a character for 9000 shards gives you three teachables, too. That’s 6000 in value but you also forever have that character. And better yet, you get to pick the character with the teachables you want without waiting for that character to appear in the shrine.