For The People quality of life changes
Lately I've been running this perk in solo queue and I like it, but often times people are not ready to make use of it or let me use it on them.
I've had it happen to me quite a bit where a survivor I instahealed just keeps standing there, not realizing they got instahealed and get downed again.
Or when I'm getting chased, manage to create enough distance to save a teammate who's in the dying state and they just keep crawling, not allowing me to heal, in turn making me lose a ton of distance on the killer and being hit myself.
Or when I unhook a survivor that was getting proxy camped and they run away from me, trying to instaheal them and then they get downed and hooked again...
So I've been mainly thinking about 2 changes:
- After unhooking a survivor or when performing a healing action, the survivor gets a notification that their savior has For The People equipped, similar to We'll Make It and Borrowed Time.
- When the perk is equipped, a healing action takes priority over the crawling action of a survivor in the dying state. I was thinking of applying this to running survivors who are injured as well, but that would allow the healer to intentionally sandbag if they didn't use the instaheal.
I think these changes would make the perk a lot more fun and useful in solo queue while not buffing the perk for SWF.
There is 1 more change I was thinking about, but it may or may not be too much, so I might as well throw it in here as well bc I'd love to hear your thoughts.
- After healing a survivor from the dying state, that survivor gets the endurance status effect for 6 seconds.
Overall I like the perk, I've managed to make some clutch escapes, saves etc. with it. Just sucks that people often can't make use out of it. I understand it's not always the best time to use the perk, but a lot of times people don't expect it and get near immediately downed again.
Comments