Gens, maps and gameplay
Preface
I play mostly killer, although I challenged myself to grind survivor for 2 long days before this season reset. I'm not great at looping, but I can loop against some killers. I was surprised at how easy playing survivor was overall and I don't mean I was playing at a high skill level. Even with no to little experience, there's an entire team to rely on, so I mostly sat on gens. I only got to rank 3 and it took me perhaps 16 hours. Btw, as people say, the ranking system does feel flawed. I'm a really bad survivor compared to nearly every survivor I face on killer, yet I was winning games. Too many felt like steamrolls. Many of the rank 1 killers were hard to run away from for me personally, but my team still did well.
In comparison when I play killer, sometimes I get games where I am ending chases nearly instantly, getting hooks and repeating the entire game from the start ---- in some of these games my mind is boggled because I've had insanely efficient pressure all game, usually with 2 people on hook, yet I find myself down to 1 generator. Meanwhile I get games against good SWFS and I hardly get a hit, let alone a hook before the game ends in under 4 minutes as the norm.
Long story short, having played both sides, the state of the game feels somewhat lackluster right now. Gens is most of the issue.
Early Gens
Early gens pop way too fast almost every game. Oftentimes, in the start of the game, the killer can't find me on our first gen and 2 of us pop the gen in ~30 seconds with toolboxes and perks. Popping 2 or 3 gens before the first chase ends often leads to 5 being completed quickly (under 3-6 minutes). Everytime 3 pop early and nobody has been hooked, I feel like I am going through a formality with the exception of making it to the gate. This isn't fun for me on survivor or killer. It feels like the game was skipped. It's just boring, we don't get bloodpoints and oftentimes we don't get any rank pips.
Gens Regression or Lack thereof
Gens are too easy to finish unless the killer has ruin active (which usually dies early making it RNG whether the game will be hard for me or not). The killer cannot constantly rotate between gens and keep them kicked when he is dealing with 3 or 4 survivors. When the killer does pressure the gen I'm on, I run away and hide. If he doesn't find me, no matter how long he looks, I can come back immediately to finish the gen with little to no penalty unless he takes the time to kick it with pop the weasel. Every other player on my team off the hook can do this too. It's just overpowered if we are on various sides of the map and leave our generators before he gets to us.
Map Balance
Maps are mostly survivor sided. They are large too, with most generators having large gaps of space. The travel time is too high with the rest of the game mechanics as they are. Every high mobility killer, has some sort of chance to deal with it. Every low mobility killer suffers.
Balance Ideas
- Gen speeds should take longer at least 100 seconds and perhaps even there should be a early game phase where they are penalized.
- Early Gen penalty -20% speed for the first 2 minutes
- Auto Gen Regression after 10 seconds of not being repaired - kick takes off 10 percent
- Either adjust all maps that are out of whack in terms of size, or generator spacing
- When killer is not within 20 meters radius of gens or players, gains 7% movement speed (perk perhaps)
- Combination of toolboxes, provethyself, resilience, etc. is too much speed

Comments
Your balance ideas just make forever Freddy godtier and a guaranteed 4k everytime.
Then if these go through, he would have to be addressed
Seeing that fathers Campbell’s chapel isn’t in the neutral section, I can take this seriously
It's at the very least slightly survivor sided. This isn't even my own opinion, it is what other people with more experience say