I Hate Challenges at Red Rank

Trying to do even the simplest task takes such a toll on my mental health. Need to blind the killer X amount of times? Congrats, you're a toxic piece of ######### and are the first one to go. Need to cleanse totems? You deserve to die for ######### with hexes. Need to escape using a key? You just won an Ebony Mori with NOED.

Like, I just want to conplete the damn challenge so I can earn the BP and move on with the Tome, not watch as I'm being camped first hook for a damn item I brought.

Really missing being a Rank 20 and playing with people who are getting a grasp of the game and have way more fun than whatever the hell I have to deal with now.

Anyone else find themselves having a difficult time with this, or are you normal?

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's the price to pay for being good or at least decent at the game.

    I personally don't take items with me, I prefer plunderer's anyway

    Doing the Blind challenge took me roughly.... 6 Flashlights and 8 White Wards, it was a pain to complete due to my RNG with killers. Went up against 3 Nurses, 3 times billy, hag...spirit... which you can't blind at pallets unless you blind them as soon as they get stunned and not while they're in the breaking animation

    Cleansing totems, I don't mind. Cleasing hexes is just part of the game and if I plan to do a lot of bones... I bring Inner Strength

    As for keys? Killers will get triggered by my little key and bring a mori... or If i decide to post it on the forums I'll be flammed and doxed by the upset killer mains in here (happened)

    With how broken MMR is right now, you'll have plenty of chances... to play against rank 15-20 killres

    Unfortunately so. I'm trying to complete the tomes for the lore, but some of these matches just make it so difficult to do. If I could communicate with the killer of "Hey, let me get this challenge done, and you get a free kill" I'd be doing it every time. I personally like the challenges that just occur normally throughout gameplay, such as Save X Survivors, or Stun the Killer X Times, but item dependent challenges set up a whole new playing field.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438246#Comment_1438246

    I literally named myself out of desperation and frustration "PLEASE LET ME BLIND YOU"

    Not proud of it, but it worked.

    OMG I love it though ๐Ÿ˜‚ Whatever gets the job done! I've never changed my name, but I have run straight up to the killer and had to pantomime the challenge that I'm trying to do. Sometimes it works great, other times... not so much.