The sky is falling!!! AGAIN
I feel like people are way too resistant to change in this game. It's a live service game, everything is bound to change.
People always act like only their side gets nerfed or that the developers have some kind of personal grudge against their side, but if you objectively look at every single patch notes across the 4 years you'll see both sides got nerfs and buffs. It's also probably because most players are new and don't know about all the previous changes that happened and instead of educating themselves they just prefer to sit in the echo chamber of "devs bad only nerfing my side I quit #########".
Survivors get nerfed? Killers are like "omg lul adapt time to stop being bad" and always consider the nerf to be fully justfied.
Killers get nerfed? Survivors say the same damn thing and ofc think the nerf is fully justified.
What I think these people fail to consider is the long term health of the game, they instead focus on their own personal preferences. Like, it would be totally understandable to say "I don't like the Billy nerf because he is my main, so I'm subjective, but I am willing to accept it may be better for the long term health of the game" instead of "you devs are idiots ######### are you even doing".
Plus, if something is changed you need time to adapt to said change. You can't use a perk/killer/item right after it got changed and expect it to work the same or your performance to be the same. You need time to adjust your playstyle and strategies to the new change. The point of a change is not to leave things exactly as they were before the change.
This isn't only about the Billy change. Every single time there is a change people completely freak out, threaten to mass quit, ask for refunds and act really childish. Why can't you all act like grown ups, give the change a fair chance, try it with an open mind? I'm not sure how valid your opinion is when you always complain 10 days before the change is even released, then play one game and go back to the forums to say you were totally right and the killer/perk/whatever is totally trash now. This really sound like confirmation biass, you only see what you want to see.
In the end, I'd just like to state the game will not die, the killers or survivors will not mass quit over some changes and the forums do not reflect the entire population of DBD. Next time you want to threaten to take your toys and leave just remember there are many other survivors and killers and you leaving will not make any difference(plus you won't leave anyway).
Comments
Yeah, resistant to change.
Incoming a plethora of Spirit mains.