My suggested changes to DBD.
Dead By Daylight has been in a very strange place as of late, it seems like people both love and hate the game at the same time. I feel like the one thing everyone can agree on is that something needs to change. So I've put together a little list of stuff I'd like to see change. If you have any suggestions or problems with this please let me know. All I ask is that we be civil and not turn this into a miriad of shitposting. These are in no particular order.
- The simple stuff. I believe we should get rid of both keys and moris. I put them together because they both change the game in a way that is bullshit to either killers and survivors. Perhaps give some other set of conditions in which a killer can kill a surv or survs can open the hatch prematurely. But they can not exist as they are now, all they do is reward people far more for doing something trivial in the context of the trial.
- The Toxic stuff. something needs to be done about tunneling and camping killers, something also needs to be done about teabagging SWF using the most annoying builds possible. Regardless of how good the strategies might be, they aren't fun to play against. And theres no point in playing if your not having fun. I suggest the game discourages this kind of behavior by giving SWF a disadvantage like reduced healing,repairing,and possibly vaulting speed. As for killers I think you should lose points if you keep going after the same survivor again and again. Also, did you guys know that staying to close to a hooked survivor and not being in a chase too long makes you lose points? I didn't until a few weeks ago. Why isn't there an onscreen notification for that?
- Stuff I think needs to be overhauled. The addon system and item system. I hate having to rely on finite items while playing trapper or demo, and I hate having an optional finite advantage when playing surv. I suggest that survivors are always given the option between a medkit, toolkit, or flashlight. With each of they're power scaling depending on the survs level rather than addons on the bloodweb. My change to killers is similar, give them the option to pick a few augments to they're power based on they're level. This allows for both killers and survivors to be stronger as they level up without being inconsistent between trials.
- Totem stuff. Make them function more like gens, Make them bigger and more obvious but give them skill checks and take about as long as a gen. You could even give killers the option to repair them. That way their more obvious to both survs and killers and you won't get screwed by placement nearly as much.
- Stuff that just kind of annoys me. Stop designing perks and killers around countering the other. It makes trials even more inconsistent. Nothing sucks more than being perfectly countered because a killer or suvivor got lucky and brought the best perks possible for your current situation. Or having one of your perks be useless because of your situation, or because you got obssesion in the case of blood pact.
- Community stuff. I'm sick of people dismissing what the other has to say just because they play survivor or killer. I'm sick of people ignoring valid complaints and yelling "CRUTCH PERK SWF TEABAGGING SURV" or "TUNNELING CAMPING BS KILLER" to anyone they disagree with. Out of all the problems I have talked about here, nothing annoys me more than this.
I would love to hear what you all have to say about it. Thank you for coming to my ted talk.
Comments