Cross friends questions!

I just recently started playing on the PC about a week ago, so I'm not a Steam pro at the moment.

I'm assuming the friend ID we're supposed to search for to play with our friends on consoles is a hashtag followed by four items ( either numbers or letters ) but the problem I'm coming across is when I ( on the PC ) search for my friend that uses the PS4 by his ID -- I get about 27 results. But it won't let me scroll past the first 10 .... ?

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

  • I said the same thing.

    But! I don't think you can add console friends yet.

  • I think you asked about KYF.

    I'm just asking about being able to scroll past the first page of results.

  • I'll take the feedback to the team and see if we can add a way to continue searching through the rest of the results, although this is where their unique ID comes into play. Everyone will have a # followed by four characters after their name in their friends list. If you friend shares those four characters with you, you can search for their name like "Dwight#1234" to find them. That ID is unique to them so they should be the only result.

    On a related note, crossfriends is only on beta for PC right now. You may not be able to find your friends on console just yet, that'll come with crossplay later on.

  • Will there be an in game party lobby only mic?, I love the fact that cross play is coming to dead by daylight but, it would be fun to talk to friends that you invite to your lobby and play together.

  • Thanks Peanits!

    Edit: I wasn't using their name. I was literally just searching for # followed by four characters. So that's probably why I got so many results.

    I appreciate the response! :) Can't wait for crossplay!

  • @nancyt1428 but did you add your PS4 friend? I also tried to add an Xbox friend and I didn't find him