Content Mods legality (question for Devs/Mods/whatever)
In the event that I made a mod for DBD that adds or alters the games content and/or mechanics for use within Kill Your Friends, would this be against the rules?
I'm not entirely sure about the specifics of how to go about this, but I certainly don't want to go through with the effort if I'd be banned anyways if I happen to succeed.
Comments
If you're altering files it's likely the VAC system will catch it and ban you and if it does there is nothing the Devs can do to help you.
The technical/practical side of what I'm wanting to do isn't what I'm worried about here. I wouldn't be able to get anything meaningful working any time soon regardless of the answer to my question.
I just don't to put in all the effort only for the devs to get mad at me and shut it down themselves. The existence of speed hacks and scratch mark manipulation hacks act as a proof of concept that these kinds of edits are at least possible on some level, although obviously using those in public matches is DEFINITELY against the rules.