These “Reworks” are beginning to get worrysome

As of recent we have just experienced nerfs for pyramid head, and only minor buffs for killers (clown bottle throw, and small QoL for other killers), and now we have received an announcement of a rework that would clearly weaken The HillBilly. As for the buff to leatherface, I shall say that is a genuine buff, however this is also a thinly veiled attempt to appeal to the survivors due to depriving Bubba of his infamous basement hook strat.

I will say this: I do not enjoy either of these killers in the slightest, I think oni is way more interesting than billy and bubba is literally a funny joke when he camps for 2 minutes while gens are blasted. So why do I care if I have never cared to even touch either of these killers. For one of these killers, its clearly trying to make a very solid killer worse or at least harder. Ive seen people say that billy will likely be able to do the same things as before but itll be way harder. That serves no purpose other than discourage killer mains from playing billy and just gatekeeps people who may like the killer, especially since people will know that the killer used to do something as simple as turn on a loop without having to recharge for 3-4 seconds.

As for the leatherface buff, I feel as though this is an attempt to break even with survivor and killer. However I still feel as though this is mainly to appeal with the survivors due to their dislike of the strategy of basement hook camping. Also its worth pointing out how a lot of killers were ok with what bubba is, hell ive even had killer mains try telling me why bubba isnt a bottom 2 killer.

there are some saving graces, some perk and add on reworks are happening, but with how boring killer add ons usually are with blindness or hemorrhage, Im not particularly optimistic for add ons. Add on sets are usually very hit or miss, but with characters that arent very interesting like billy and bubba, they are usually miss.

There is no guarantee that powerful perks like BBQ and enduring wont get nerfed, due to how BBQ is a commonly disliked among survivors due to how much value BBQ gives even though its considered to be kind of just an OK perk, once you arent worried about bloodpoints, BBQ loses significant value.

This is all rounding up to the point I'm making which is: These recent patches have been worrysome due to how the devs are making many more decisions that will benefit the survivor in an arguably survivor sided game. We saw this with the recent nerfs to PH, those exact nerfs are nerfs I had seen suggested so many times. These changes are for the most part deaf to killer mains. The buffs to perks are nice but ultimately dependent on the type of survivor team you play against so you wont get huge, nor do those new perk balances give any new solutions to the problem of genrush. At this rate I would hardly be surprised if more common survivor complaints would just be addressed by giving them what they want. We have definitely seen that from now stripping the funny basement build away from bubba when killers never cared about that and the clear nerf that Billy received. Before anybody tells me how nurse has this same forced cooldown thing, nurses power deserves the cooldown because nurses power is genuinely extremely powerful. Billys power does not compare. All in all, I dont like where all these balances are leading us, survivors hadnt had a direct nerf in so long aside from decreasing pallet spawns, while killers have received multiple nerfs or changes that will benefit survivors in the end.

Comments