Hitboxes

Anyone else feel like the hit boxes will never truly be fixed, nor will huntress hatchets hitboxes will ever be fixed as well? I just kinda find it funny how I could be on the other side of the window as her hatchet goes past and still get hit or be behind a tree and it goes past me but somehow still hits me, anyways leave me your worst hit box experiences

Comments

  • Regarding latency, they will test server-sided hit validation. We'll see how that goes.

    Regarding the Huntress hitboxes, I don't think it's scheduled. They tried in the past and it didn't work. Although, they were able to make accurate hitboxes for the Deathslinger. So, they're definitely capable of a fix now.

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    Regarding latency, they will test server-sided hit validation. We'll see how that goes.

    Regarding the Huntress hitboxes, I don't think it's scheduled. They tried in the past and it didn't work. Although, they were able to make accurate hitboxes for the Deathslinger. So, they're definitely capable of a fix now.

    The question still remains, will they ever?

  • As they haven't even hinted at it, the answer is: highly unlikely.

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1405397#Comment_1405397

    As they haven't even hinted at it, the answer is: highly unlikely.

    Exactly

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The hurt-boxes on Survivors are not the issue. If you played this game before dedicated servers you would remember that they worked fine. The issues stem from latency believe it or not. BHVR don't have great servers and just because they're severs doesn't automatically mean they're good. Go check out a game that is "dead" and uses dedicated servers and you'll see what I mean. There would latency everywhere regardless of your ping.

    This game's foundation was based on 'P2P'. They coded the entire game around this and now they have to undo years of work to make it function properly on servers. Hit boxes and Hurt boxes are fine its just how bad the severs really are. I have 9 ping on my device but when I login into DBD its suddenly 60. Its not on my end its on BHVR's end.

    Welcome to “dedicated servers”