Help playing spirit

Does anyone have any advice for playing spirit.

Im deaf in one ear and find it really hard to pinpoint survivor even with stridor i can hear them but never can guess were they are

Is it all prediction with spirit ? Thank in advance

Comments

  • have good ears, that's all, she's S tier.

    you can also mindgame faking your power by standiing still.

  • It's prediction based on hearing. If you're HoH or deaf in one ear I don't think she's a very good killer for you now. If she still had collision with survivors you might've been able to learn to play around that but she's very reliant on sound now and if you can't pinpoint from it alone you're better off learning someone else sad to say.

    Nurse is too to an extant but you can get around that with Shadowborn and other visual tracking perks that Spirit cannot use very well thanks to her aura loss when using her power.

  • @coppersly said:

    It's prediction based on hearing. If you're HoH or deaf in one ear I don't think she's a very good killer for you now. If she still had collision with survivors you might've been able to learn to play around that but she's very reliant on sound now and if you can't pinpoint from it alone you're better off learning someone else sad to say.

    Nurse is too to an extant but you can get around that with Shadowborn and other visual tracking perks that Spirit cannot use very well thanks to her aura loss when using her power.

    Yh i was better with when she had collision but with just sound its pretty tough i cant really pinpoint n i cant hear anything on my right side it really suck cause spirit really cool

  • @DevourOfSalt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1403837#Comment_1403837

    Yh i was better with when she had collision but with just sound its pretty tough i cant really pinpoint n i cant hear anything on my right side it really suck cause spirit really cool

    Yeah it does suck that this game isn't very accessible. I don't know how they could make it more though.

  • Stand Still = Free Hit.

    At pallets, at loops, at gens. Get okay headphones, and run Stridor.


    I've now created a Monster.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Stand Still = Free Hit.

    At pallets, at loops, at gens. Get okay headphones, and run Stridor.

    I've now created a Monster.

    I laugh when I've just used her power to hit someone and they run to a pallet and think I have my power back just because I'm standing still lol.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1403845#Comment_1403845

    Yeah it does suck that this game isn't very accessible. I don't know how they could make it more though.

    Hey thanks for advice tho i guess i should just keep at it trying to predict movement maybe i can make it work hopefully

  • @DevourOfSalt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1403857#Comment_1403857

    Hey thanks for advice tho i guess i should just keep at it trying to predict movement maybe i can make it work hopefully

    Stridor is a must though.

  • @DevourOfSalt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1403857#Comment_1403857

    Hey thanks for advice tho i guess i should just keep at it trying to predict movement maybe i can make it work hopefully

    Best of luck to you. If you're trying to practice prediction though you should try Nurse since she's rewarded more for predictions and doesn't require sound like Spirit does. At least I don't rely on sound when playing her, but it does help ngl.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Stand Still = Free Hit.

    At pallets, at loops, at gens. Get okay headphones, and run Stridor.

    I've now created a Monster.

    I have really good headphones its the pinpointing im having trouble with even tho i can hear them its difficult to pinpoint exactly where

    If they walk on my right side that when i get really lost

  • @DevourOfSalt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1403858#Comment_1403858

    I have really good headphones its the pinpointing im having trouble with even tho i can hear them its difficult to pinpoint exactly where

    I have a lazy eye so I have the visual equivalent of your deaf ear haha. Sometimes the depth on some swings is out of whack for me.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1403889#Comment_1403889

    I have a lazy eye so I have the visual equivalent of your deaf ear haha. Sometimes the depth on some swings is out of whack for me.

    Oh damn sorry hear that we got it little rough out here ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1403889#Comment_1403889

    I have a lazy eye so I have the visual equivalent of your deaf ear haha. Sometimes the depth on some swings is out of whack for me.

    I have damage on my vestibular system and every time i move my eyes it becomes blurry, so i whiff like there's no tomorrow haha

  • @BlindMole said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1403892#Comment_1403892

    I have damage on my vestibular system and every time i move my eyes it becomes blurry, so i whiff like there's no tomorrow haha

    Oh man DbD must be challenging then :o You must feel like a boss after a dominating game haha.

  • @coppersly said:

    It's prediction based on hearing. If you're HoH or deaf in one ear I don't think she's a very good killer for you now. If she still had collision with survivors you might've been able to learn to play around that but she's very reliant on sound now and if you can't pinpoint from it alone you're better off learning someone else sad to say.

    Nurse is too to an extant but you can get around that with Shadowborn and other visual tracking perks that Spirit cannot use very well thanks to her aura loss when using her power.

    @DevourOfSalt I can't agree more with this comment. It really sucks you're HoH/Deaf in one ear. Spirit is a very strong killer but heavily relies on prediction a survivors movement based on sound. If you are having troubles with this, I would highly recommend you use another killer.

    I know it sucks, but it is what it is.

  • Don't feel disheartened, it's simply that Spirit is heavily reliant on sound. So, you will have always have a disadvantage compared to players with unimpaired hearing. However, one gotta get the most of what they have.

    I suggest doing short phases. Especially, after standing still. Charge time and speed add-ons are your friends. You could experiment with Predator or Spies instead of Stridor.