We're Gonna Live Forever is trash

Either rename it We're Gonna Die Throwing, or award tokens for being within 12m of a survivor being unhooked.

I either have to race to the hook to beat the others, putting myself and the unhooked survivor in more danger than necessary by unhooking so soon, or I have to throw myself at the killer while they're chasing or carrying only to end up on the hook myself shortly after. I either live with 0-1 stacks, get a bunch of points for doing objectives and surviving, only to have a weak multiplier; or die with 3 to 4 stacks, get very few points for having suicided, just to have a strong multiplier that barely gets me anymore points than the former result.

"but the survivors can have quick matches back-to-back..."

Sure, but that does not account for squat. The survivor could be stuck waiting for the rest of their SWF team to die/escape. The survivor could have to wait 20-30 minutes to get into the next match because of matchmaking not having enough killers. The survivor who died quickly and gets to jump into the next match died with no points, so it was pointless.

Edit: A Killer can DOUBLE their Bloodpoints by simply throwing on BBQ and PLAYING THE GAME NORMALLY. No other perks needed. (AND they get free wallhacks while doing so.)

The Survivor has to throw on Empathy to know where to be for protection hits; has to throw on Self Care, Inner Strength, Bond, or Pharmacy to heal up after the protection hits; has to throw on Borrowed Time to secure safe unhook scoring events...

It's not fair

Comments

  • [Moved, and edited into the original post.]

  • It should be able to stack easier through normal gameplay, I agree. Perhaps also give a stack per full generator completed by user and for door openings by user?

  • It should just give you tokens for healing to be honest. I have no clue why the devs just haven't budged on this. It makes no sense that BBQ can be used while playing normally; offer a pretty good aura read alongside it (granted it has counters) yet they won't let survivors even have an easy way to gain bloodpoints by playing normally WITHOUT any added bonuses.

    Survivors already earn a much lower average income of BP as is. WGLF being a garbage perk just makes it worse.

  • I think it could use a buff so maybe a certain amount of healing counts towards a stack?

  • Give it an effect. And better yet, make a method of doubling your BP basekit instead of tying it to perks.

  • Here's what I propose:

    • Hooking (or caging) a Survivor for the first time gives the Killer a token up to 4 for a 25% post trial BP increase per token base kit
    • Unhooking (or uncaging) a Survivor, repairing a cumulative 80 charges of gens or escaping a chase without being hit for the first time in the trial gives the Survivor a token up to 4 for the same 25% post trial BP increase per token base kit

    BBQ has the aura reading, the duration scaling with level (2/3/4 seconds) and doesn't effect BP

    WGLF has some effect involving tokens gained for safe unhooks and protection hits with the effect being mechanical and having nothing to do with BP.

  • "BBQ has the aura reading, the duration scaling with level (2/3/4 seconds) and doesn't effect BP" - @NuclearBurrito

    I had Killers say they only run BBQ for the Bloodpoints, not for the aura reading. This change would show their true intention.

  • @Nos37 said:

    "BBQ has the aura reading, the duration scaling with level (2/3/4 seconds) and doesn't effect BP" - @NuclearBurrito

    I had Killers say they only run BBQ for the Bloodpoints, not for the aura reading. This change would show their true intention.

    It would. Personally I'd still run it on some of my Killers, but not all. I'd replace it with thrilling tremors on a lot of them.

    My Spirit and Demogorgon would still use BBQ, but my Plauge and Ghostface would use thrilling. In fact I already use thrilling on my ghostface because it synergizes my specific build.

  • @Nos37 said:

    A Killer can DOUBLE their Bloodpoints by simply throwing on BBQ and PLAYING THE GAME NORMALLY. No other perks needed. (AND they get free wallhacks while doing so.)

    The Survivor has to throw on Empathy to know where to be for protection hits; has to throw on Self Care, Inner Strength, Bond, or Pharmacy to heal up after the protection hits; has to throw on Borrowed Time to secure safe unhook scoring events...

    It's not fair

    This isn't a BBQ VS WGLF thread.

    This is a WGLF needs a buff thread. Please don't do the killers vs survivors thing.

    That's not the point of the thread, we don't need the added hostility.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1400783#Comment_1400783

    This isn't a BBQ VS WGLF thread.

    This is a WGLF needs a buff thread. Please don't do the killers vs survivors thing.

    That's not the point of the thread, we don't need the added hostility.

    Apologies for posting it as a separate response instead of editing it in to the initial thread post. I'll fix it.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1400783#Comment_1400783

    This isn't a BBQ VS WGLF thread.

    This is a WGLF needs a buff thread. Please don't do the killers vs survivors thing.

    That's not the point of the thread, we don't need the added hostility.

    That's the OP

  • Yeah, I know.

    lol I'm sure a lot of forum users don't like the survivors vs killers thing going on. We can all use a break from that.

  • Oh, I'm sorry. Let me compare WGLF to oranges instead.

    Oranges are sweet & juicy...

    I wish We're Gonna Live Forever was sweet & juicy too!

    "This isn't a hot vs cold thread. This is a cold needs to be changed to a better temperature thread. Please don't do the hot vs cold thing."

    How can we say that one thing is hot, or that another thing is cold, without the other; without relativity?