PS4 data backup help

I’m sorry if this is in the wrong place. But I’m getting a new PS4 and went to upload the save data for dead by daylight and theres nothing there? Had a friend try and it’s blank as well, works on other games not Dbd. Does it just save based off of my PS4 account and no need to upload? I just don’t want to lose progress once I hookup the new PS4. Thanks for any help! 

Comments

  • All of your data is saved to their servers. You don't need to/can't upload anything.
  • Oh and it's tied to your PSN name, I think. When I got a new console I signed into PSN, booted up the game, and everything was there.
  • Oh and it's tied to your PSN name, I think. When I got a new console I signed into PSN, booted up the game, and everything was there.
    Thank you so much!
  • As said before since it's online only game it's all linked to your psn account so it saved to their servers. But here's downfall - some people have lost their saved data in the past because of that.

  • As said before since it's online only game it's all linked to your psn account so it saved to their servers. But here's downfall - some people have lost their saved data in the past because of that.

    God I hope that doesn’t happen 
  • As far as I know most of the save data errors have been fixed and people are now only losing from a couple hours to a day's worth of progress. I don't think anyone has lost all progress in months but I'm not 100% sure.
  • Ill find out next week lol 😅