Some ideas to prevent camping and/or tunneling
So, there's this little problem with the basic mechanics of the game. I'll explain the situation of both camping and tunneling and throw some ideas on how to fix it. You're welcome if you want to criticise them or put in your own ideas.
Also, I'd like to add that my perspective is pretty biased, as I mainly play as survivor and I'm kinda bad at it.
Camping is about having the killer guarding the hook after he/she hooked someone, it's maybe called hook guarding too. My idea is to prevent this altoghether by making the hooked survivor teleport to another hook as far as possible from the killer, much like that jailing mechanics from the Silent Hill killer. Why prevent this from happening? Because getting killed at the begining of the match is no fun in most cases.
Another idea would be to make the skill "Borrowed time" part of the game, so it would be active for all survivor all the time. Even I can see how that it could be too much, so maybe as an alternative game mode?
In the same vein "tunneling" is when the killer keeps hooking the same survivor thus getting him/her killed very early in the game. To prevent this I think that if the survivor wouldn't end up hooked in those cases it would be better for the survivor (big bias here), so when it happens the survivor would end injured on the ground somewhere else in the map. Not necessarily as far as possible, but somewhere random, so the killer could have the opportunity to hook him/her again. The killer also would have the points for hooking.
Those are my ideas, sorry if it was too long or hard to understand, I'll try to respond any questions and the inputs on the discussion.
See ya! :)
Comments
That would be too exploitable, and camping is a legitimate playstyle. It's actually the original way the game was intended to be played (at least according to the original tutorial videos that were in the game before the playable tutorial). If a killer is successful while camping, it's because the survivors allowed it to happen.
Also, no. Borrowed time should not be base kit. Survivors don't need another second chance built into their base kit. As for tunneling, run DS.
Also, play killer. Then maybe you'll understand the game a bit more.