The Pig and the Head Trap

I believe that there is a huge disadvantage when playing against The Pig.

Whenever I get a Head Trap put on me, the killer usually farms my ass and goes after me right away over and over hooking me until I'm dead.

I understand that the head trap is a grace period when the killer can't focus on you, but I also believe that there is NO SENSE AT ALL putting a head trap on a survivor if they are just going to get hooked over and over. The survivor doesn't get much time to play in these situations and I think it's not really fair.

I have some decent suggestions to add some balance toward playing against The Pig.

Comments

  • @SwampDaddy said:

    I believe that there is a huge disadvantage when playing against The Pig.

    Whenever I get a Head Trap put on me, the killer usually farms my ass and goes after me right away over and over hooking me until I'm dead.

    I understand that the head trap is a grace period when the killer can't focus on you, but I also believe that there is NO SENSE AT ALL putting a head trap on a survivor if they are just going to get hooked over and over. The survivor doesn't get much time to play in these situations and I think it's not really fair.

    I have some decent suggestions to add some balance toward playing against The Pig.

    The head pop will already skip all the hook stages by the way if the killer tunnels you the other survivors will do gens and the will lose the game 99% unless you are in a bad players team anyway it's not fun for the killer too because it causes a lot of stress for both sides and the have already nerfed the pig traps for the endgame so I think another nerf isn't necessary

  • they sound like bad pig players to me. why would you go after someone whos going to be doing nothing useful to the team for a while, or be getting a gen done and putting themselves on a death timer? pig's traps are fine as they are.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Pigs should be naturally discouraged from tunneling people with helmets on because they're probably going to do badly if they do that. The one exception is if they can't find anyone else and/or are ahead in the game and all of a sudden they hear that loud beeping coming from somewhere nearby... At that point, you might as well.

    They could try making the beeping quieter on active traps to discourage tunnelling. I think any of the changes in this poll would be way too much, though. Options 1 and 3 would make her the worst killer in the game. Option 2 would actually be interesting, but I think that would end up being a nerf against good survivors too. The good thing about hooks is they force another survivor to come off their gen and go for the save or heal. With this, downing a survivor would waste their time for a bit, but that's it. It would actually do nothing to them until a gen pops too; they could just get right back on a gen after having a trap put on. The other functional issue is how this is meant to work - you can only use RBTs on downed survivors, so if there are no hooks how do they stand back up? You could figure something out, but still, it isn't an easy problem to solve.

    Edit: Can you imagine option 1 if she put a trap on everyone at once? Survivors could basically run around the map doing chests and totems and 99ing gens because none of them could be hooked and their traps wouldn't be active yet XD

    I like this response. Your last edit, though. I am not so naive to think that trapping everyone without a timer change would be beneficial. Hypothetically, if option 1 were ever to be considered, I'd shorten the head trap timer. It doesn't start ticking immediately. Classically, once the hostage moved, it removed the key and then the timer started. The timer for the head trap is 2 minutes and 30 seconds. It was designed, in the game, to stall survivors, not kill them. However, since it is super common for killers to tunnel survivors with or without a head trap on, I think the timer should be drastically reduced to 1 minute, perhaps? That is plenty of time to dart around the map to get it off, and if you fail, then it will be the fate you endured for getting caught in the first place.