Making Smiles and tears chapter
Introduction: I'm back after a break from posting I'm here to finally wrapping up Smiles and Tears. If you have not looked at the lore or even the idea of the chapter please do, it was a very personal project to me and I'm happy to wrap it up. Also thank you to my buddies @Wamps and @CuteLittleAngel for supporting me in finishing this project, I can't tell you how much it meant to me and to you as well for helping me finish this chapter. Without further ado lets begin
The idea of the chapter: Originally smiles and tears was never meant to be a circus themed chapter in fact there was no theme at all to it yet. So I had many ideas for it but it all centered around one thing I wanted to focus on. The Freaks of society, people who were odd or even weird to look at, someone you wouldn't want to make friends with at first glance. I thought of many things goth people, LGBT, even people with health problems-( Glad I didn't choose that one). However it just didn't feel original, unique even. So eventually I stopped for a while and I came across a discussion in which talked about changing Campbell's map to make it more clown like for the killer. Suddenly the pieces fell together, having another circus themed map felt great, and during this time Oni was still pretty new and people didn't find it odd that there was another Japanese themed chapter so why not another circus themed chapter. I started buzzing away at the types of killers that could be created, I thought of a strong man, and even the ringmaster himself as a killer, but I feared people could confuse him for the clown so that was a no go and it didn't correspond to my original theme. Eventually I found out about freak shows and golly it was perfect. It fulfilled the requirements I had originally and I ran for it. Eventually I created the Freakshow Phineas Fredrickson and had a tough time deciding his power, eventually I thought of him as a agile killer who could move around the map faster than other killers, and even be able to bring in survivors with his whip but deathslinger came out so I had to change, eventually I told he was a craftsman and created Jack in the box toys that scared survivors, but I thought of what if through this they become oblivious to these traps. I thought it out and found the idea very fun. For his perks I thought of perks as sort of a pressuring build but found it not interesting at all so I dropped it, and I eventually came up with the final perks for him one night after being looped hard by survivors and was like why aren't there that many perks that counter looping as much so I delved more into that. After that, we soon we got the perks as they are and I am proud of it. Now with how the killer was out of the way I focused on the survivor. Originally I thought of the survivor as a goth and at the time it felt right but it died on me that we already have something like that, so I changed and eventually I thought of a friend of mine from school, and she was a good friend of mine during these troubling times, and the idea hit me she could work. Now Hope Jefferson is not my friend's real name, and yes she is a furry. At first I felt it a bit odd by it but eventually I learned to accept her and she learned to accept me, I was actually scared to create a survivor that was a furry because of backlash and slurs, or even hating the idea but I put those fears aside. I based her appearance on that of an artist, she was beautiful, young and very kind. The perks I created were based on that of a craftsman and animal since she is a character of hope and a furry, I didn't let the fact that she was down me so I kept on pushing, and I'm glad I did because through this the game opens up culturally and allows us to understand one another.
The map I thought of as this theme park but I forgot one important aspect, the big top tent. So I added that in the middle and all around the map there are little stands of carnival games, performances, rides, and even a roller coaster of all things that wrapped around the map. Inside the tent is where basement is and some of the dark history that went down here in this place, but I want to let your imagination run wild.
Conclusion: This was an important chapter to me because this is my first actual chapter and I'm so glad that I can share my ideas with this community, now I expect that not everyone will like the idea and I'm okay with that I personally enjoyed creating a chapter that was something I've been meaning to do in a long while, again thank you all who have looked at the chapter and supported me through this. I must leave you now but if you have a chance look at the lore and I hope you enjoy reading it. Thanks so much and I'll see you in dead by daylight
Comments
leave a comment if you wish