Changing how Decisive Strike works

Let me say this first so that there is no confusion: I honestly do not care about Decisive Strike (DS) and if it does get changed or not.

With that being said, I've seen countless posts that reiterate the same thing, "DS is OP, DS is broken, DS is BS". And in nearly every post I've read, there's always someone saying, "The Devs stated it's an anti-momentum perk, not an anti-tunneling perk". Now obviously if the Devs said it, it must be true since they are obviously the creators. But in what aspect is it an anti-momentum perk? In the perks description, it states this:

After being UNHOOKED or UNHOOKING YOURSELF, DS will become active for X seconds.

This clearly tells you that it protects YOU from getting immediately hooked again within those X seconds. If you cut out the fact that some Killers will immediately tunnel you off hook, how often is it that a Killer will hook 2-3 other Survivors within those X seconds before grabbing the Survivor that has their DS still active? It is often sure, but not often enough compared to getting "tunneled". That is a very crappy anti-momentum perk and points more towards anti-tunneling.

So why am I running my suck? Because if the Devs want to make it an anti-momentum perk as they claim, then the perk needs to be changed on its' characteristics. Here's an example:

After X Survivors get hooked, DS will become active for X seconds.

Now it's up for debate (which is what this discussion is for) on whether or not this would be a worthy change to the perk. But this example I provided clearly shows that THIS is an anti-momentum perk. Because after a Killer hunts other Survivors and goes for you, your perk becomes active and immediately saves you, slowing the Killer down as suggested before you even get on your first hook.

Discuss.

TLDR: Change the way DS perk activates by OTHER Survivors being hooked instead of yourself. Or any other example that could be better than this.

Comments

  • Okay, that's fine.

    But the timer shouldn't change if you're slugged and the killer goes for someone else to prevent you from DS'ing him.

    Same goes for people who say "DS should activate if the killer hooks another survivor."

    I, as a killer main, have done this many times and it would be unfair for survivors to have their DS deactivated when they're slugged on the floor and I'm already on my way to hook them with no penalty.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Okay, that's fine.

    But the timer shouldn't change if you're slugged and the killer goes for someone else to prevent you from DS'ing him.

    Same goes for people who say "DS should activate if the killer hooks another survivor."

    I, as a killer main, have done this many times and it would be unfair for survivors to have their DS deactivated when they're slugged on the floor and I'm already on my way to hook them with no penalty.

    But the likelihood of a Killer slugging every single person in the game and then waiting 60 seconds is unlikely because they don't know who has it equipped. It's much easier to narrow it when someone get's unhooked because you only have to worry about 1 person at that time. But in this scenario, you would have to worry about 3+ Survivors who may have it.

  • Something I forgot to add was people including ridiculous DS posts like the one a few moments ago how they'd rather nerf it to the ground instead of injecting reasonable input.