A fun Autodidact scenario
Someone is healing you, the killer is approaching. Fortunately you're at 90% healed so you decide to let him finish. The survivor gets their first Autodidact skill check. You watch as 20% of your health bar progress disappears. The killer downs you soon after and you're back on the hook.
You can't use this on yourself. You can't use it with a medkit. Using it with healing speed increase perks is actually counterintuitive because the less time you spend healing, the less likely you are to get a skill check.
I think it should start at 0% progress. You can get up to 4 tokens.
1 token - no effect
2 tokens - 20% healing boost
3 tokens - 40% healing boost
4 tokens - 60% healing boost
Having the perk start off as hurting you and requiring three skill checks before you actually see any benefit makes it not worth carrying. Some trials I'll never get the opportunity to heal anybody. Some I'll heal somebody completely and not receive any skill checks.
This perk might be worth it if carrying it increased your odds of receiving skill checks, even by a little bit.
You can't use this on yourself. You can't use it with a medkit. Using it with healing speed increase perks is actually counterintuitive because the less time you spend healing, the less likely you are to get a skill check.
I think it should start at 0% progress. You can get up to 4 tokens.
1 token - no effect
2 tokens - 20% healing boost
3 tokens - 40% healing boost
4 tokens - 60% healing boost
Having the perk start off as hurting you and requiring three skill checks before you actually see any benefit makes it not worth carrying. Some trials I'll never get the opportunity to heal anybody. Some I'll heal somebody completely and not receive any skill checks.
This perk might be worth it if carrying it increased your odds of receiving skill checks, even by a little bit.
Comments
The only way I can understand this perk is as a prelude to some (unannounced) change to healing in the future.
None of Adam's perks seem useful to me (Diversion being the best of the 3), but I have a suggestion for an overhaul of Autodidact. My suggestion is to replace the perk with the ability to retain the ability and speed of Med Kits and Toolboxes (as well as their add-ons) after they are used up. For instance, if you are using a toolkit to sabotage a hook, and the tool box runs out before you can finish it, Autodidact would allow you to finish sabotaging without a tool kit, even if you don't have the Saboteur perk. Additionally, if you are using a toolbox to repair a generator and the toolbox is used up, this perk would allow you to finish repairing the generator at the same speed as if you still had the tool box. The effect expires when the interaction is over.