NuclearBurrito's Anti-DS Build...
A week or so ago @NuclearBurrito posted a thread of alternative builds they liked playing in lieu of the dreaded DS.
I admit, as someone who feels very much so locked in to HAVING to run AT LEAST DS/BT, I did not believe these builds would work. But, after chitty chatting I said I'd give them a legit try. I used to be very reliant on self-care and eventually learned to play well without it. Perhaps the same could be said for DS.
At the time, the DLC was not out, so I didn't try the builds they recommended that included perks like Soul Guard. But I did try the rest. By far, my favorite was:
Poised, Lithe, Quick & Quiet, <insert optional perk here>
Their original recommendation suggested Adrenaline, but I don't find it to be a useful enough perk, so I interchange this spot with either an info perk like spine chill/kindred or iron will, depending.
Pros:
- You are very hard to catch, especially if gens keep popping during your chase and giving you Poised procs
- You can make fun locker plays :)
- Avoiding being caught eliminates your ability to be camped/tunneled (yay!)
- I feel like my BP gains are better by having longer chases, evading the killer, and overall living longer because not getting caught = no camp/tunnel out of the match
Cons:
- It doesn't particularly help if you or your teammates are camped/tunneled :/ Sometimes you just gotta leave people behind #feelsbadman
- If you loop a killer for several gens the likelihood of getting camped/tunneled if you get caught is pretty high ๐
All in all though, I like this build a lot and appreciate them taking the time to provide some new ideas. ๐ It sucks feeling so locked into a meta build just because other people want to play a certain way that makes the game less enjoyable.
If you want to see their original post, you can find it here:
I'd recommend giving some of these a go if you're a constant meta user. ๐๏ธ
Comments
This + Kindred is an awesome build.