Keeping The Game Fun
Recently I've gotten a friend into playing dbd. Normally I play killer but for the sake of playing together I have leveled most of the survivors to 40.
I'm looking for advice to keep the game fun for the newer player. She has trouble with the game and a lot comes down to practice and understanding the game more but she isn't given the chance to do so. I've been running perks to just keep her alive so she has more time to practice but with the new chapter she is just dying in 3 minutes getting tunneled.
I understand the right play is to do generators and let them die when camped, but that hardly makes them want to continue playing the game.
Is there anything other than For The People that I can do to keep a newer player alive longer or do we just need to wait a month or two until there are less pyramid players so I can actually use better perks for it.
Last time I played survivor for more than 10 ranks was when Myers came out so keep that in mind.
Comments
Custom game to get the mechanics down. Unfortunately live server experience is based on interaction with others and that is a mixed bag.
If you are on pc and want a killer to play against who ain’t gonna grief you then I’m up for a few casual games.
This game is unfortunately really unfriendly to new players, which is a problem that Behaviour so far seems unable or unwilling to comprehensively address.
I would say that maybe you should ask your friend to watch you stream a couple of games in Discord or something, and show her what a "real" play experience looks like once you develop some knowledge and have a workable build. I would also try to guide her with a solid build order that gets her access to some perks that will help her get her bearings, like Bond, Alert, etc. Have her use Kindred and Spine Chill as well, to help her develop some game sense around where the killer is at and how they commonly behave.