Do you want Perks to have Tiers?
I get that DBD wants you to grind. It helps more players play which in return overall helps Q times, makes it more likely for people to be invested in the game and that leads to more cosmetics purchased.
But right now to get all the perks at top tier is just a ton of time. I have 500 hours in the game and only 1 survivor just now has all the perks at top tier since I split my time up across multiple killers and play both sides to understand the game better.
I'd imagine it would be easier to balance perks too if they only had a single thing they did and it would make them easier for new players to understand. What's your opinion?
Comments
Yes, perk tiers. Remove perks from bloodweb (outside of the first tier) and implement a system where we can level them up externally from the bloodweb. (eg. pay 7,000 bps to upgrade Spine Chill Tier II to Tier III, Ultra Rare?)
This type of a la carte perk system would be a vast improvement. I think removing tiers (taking away tiers 1-2) would be a big improvement if they stayed in the Bloodweb.
Either way, these would both just be band-aids for what amounts to a system that has scaled really poorly, and has created an (increasingly) endless grind.
Holy ######### that's an incredible suggestion. It still supports the grind, but on the players terms. Someone higher this person.
I wanted to also separate perks because of how easy it is to accumulate piles of ultra rare add-ons I'll never use and how unbalanced that makes the game mechanic of add-ons. If perks are separated, bloodwebs can be made more expensive. I'll probably edit this at some point to put a link to a relevant thread.
But yeah, being able to chose to spend bloodpoints for BBQ rather than Monstrous Shrine three times in a row would be an awesome change.