Copy or Coincidence?

About a month ago, I had thought of a licensed killer that would be good imo (the post for it is down below), I chose Springtrap from the FNaF series (not the point) and came up with unique abilities and perks for him. When the reveal of the killers abillity came out today, I was shocked. The similarities between this killer's abilities and my killer's abilities were extremely clear. This killer allows you to enter a spiritual form in which you get increased movement speed and you can't see people. MY killer's abillity allowed you to enter a spiritual form in which you get increased movement speed but HELPS you see people instead. There's a little more to my killer's ability, but that's just the main part. But that's not the only thing that was similar, the perks were too! The Spirit has a perk that says something like: If you break 4/3/2 pallets, then if you get stunned, the pallet will break. My perk idea was that if you were pallet stunned, there would be a 30/40/50 percent chance the pallet would break (not the best concept, I know). The realism that they copied off of me and stole my concepts is most likely slim to none, but I just detected something a bit fishy...

My killer idea post: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/10101/dead-by-daylight-chapter-ix-from-the-corridors-fan-made#latest

Comments

  • The pallet perk was presented as an idea from someone from one of the message boards (Reddit or steam), almost verbatim. Maybe they got some inspiration from your spirit world idea, who knows. It's not exactly a complex power, though.
  • The pallet perk was presented as an idea from someone from one of the message boards (Reddit or steam), almost verbatim. Maybe they got some inspiration from your spirit world idea, who knows. It's not exactly a complex power, though.
    That idea has been floating around for a long time now. I've heard at least six different variations of it.
    Same with the whole breaking totems activating effects.
  • The pallet perk was presented as an idea from someone from one of the message boards (Reddit or steam), almost verbatim. Maybe they got some inspiration from your spirit world idea, who knows. It's not exactly a complex power, though.
    That idea has been floating around for a long time now. I've heard at least six different variations of it.
    Same with the whole breaking totems activating effects.
    Yeah I believe the idea was a trapped totem that, when cleansed, disabled one of the survivors perks at random. I'm glad they didn't go with that.
  • The spirit remind me of hisako from killer instinct lol