DEVS THIS IS IMPORTANT: I found a FPS bug WITH FIX

So, after trying out a looooot of things to make DbD more playable on my hardware I found a weird bug that gives you less FPS than it should be but I also found a temporary fix:

Turns out, when you have the QUALITY on Low you gain not as many FPS as it should and the solutions is to go from LOW, change it to ULTRA, then change it HIGH, then change it to MEDIUM (this is the point when u notice that you have suddenly more FPS than on low) and THEN change it to LOW. This suddenly boosts your FPS tremendously!!

This important to fix for 2 reasons:

1st, not everyone is going to know about my temporary fix

2nd, console is probably suffering with the same bug but players cant change the quality settings to fix it themselves!!

Idk who to tag, I guess @McLean can work with that information? Pls tag someone else if it helps more!

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I've noticed this when messing around with the settings before. I thought it was just me, but I guess I was wrong. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Shadow quality, because if you're on "High" and in the config you set "Shadow Quality" to 0 (equivalent to the Low setting) your FPS is bottle necked at around half the FPS you would usually get.

    I actually have no clue where the issue relies, I double checked my GameUserSettings.ini file multiple times and I was making sure that everything stayed at 0

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363476#Comment_1363476

    The game is always in Borderless Fullscreen mode, maybe that's the cause of it. Could have something to do with display settings.

    I did the same tests on windowed mode (borderless and with border) and the results were the same. Something is really wrong with the game code and optimisation is missing