Another post about Pyramid Head (I know)
After seeing countless discussions on how Pyramid Head needs to be nerfed already, how his play style is awful and cancels most perks both Killers and Survivors have, figured I do a quick explanation of what he can actually do and the most optimal way to use his power (at the current moment).
- Explanation of Power: Let's start off by saying that the key thing for most of Pyramid Head's (PH) power requires the Survivor to in a tormented stage. This can only occur when the Survivor runs through PH's "Rite of Judgement", a trail created behind him as he walks. This trail can be avoided by either crouching through it or just outright avoiding it entirely. This means you'll never be sent to the cage (which spawns across the map if you're sent to it), and you don't get mini-moried. The second part of his power is "Punishment of the Damned", a ranged attack that can go through any object. Mind you, this attack can be easily dodged if you are not in the middle of an animation such as throwing down a pallet or vaulting. Compared to ranged attacks such as Demo's shred, Huntress's Hatchet, and DeathSlinger's rifle, this is the easiest thing to evade if you pay attention to the ground as it highlights red.
- Cancelled Perks: If Rite of Judgment and Cage of Atonement is constantly used, this makes many perks on both sides such as DS, BT, Pop, BBQ, MYC, WGLF, Furtive, etc. completely useless. Essentially forcing players to come up with new strategies and builds to still be effective in the game. Too some people, this makes the Killer useless and counterproductive to the Meta perks that are needed and this frustrates Survivors who feel they are getting tunneled since a lot of perks are void.
- How to effectively use him: From what I personally gathered as I have played high rank games on PC, this is what I found to be most effective way of playing him with his power and usage of perks so far for 1 Survivor:
A - Torment the Survivor
B - Down/Hook Survivor
C - Down/Cage Survivor
D - Torment Survivor (This step is optional since it is the Survivor's final hook)
E - Down/Mori or Hook Survivor
If used this way, perks for the most part, especially Killer, can still be utilized. You get a maximum use of Pop, BBQ, MYC, etc. up to 4 times, 1 per Survivor. This also means that BT, WGLF, etc. can still be used. Up to 3 times, 1 per Survivor. You could also simply get out of the Meta perk mindset and focus on builds that aid you in chases and locating like IF, Endurance, Nemesis, etc.
For his Punishment of the Damned, I treat it like I treat Demo's shred. If I'm chasing down a Survivor and I see them looking back at me, I will feign a shred. This will force them to juke themselves where I'll close up and do a basic attack. This same method applies to PH if not better since PH isn't slowed down when he drags his blade and can immediately attack after pulling it up. Only use the ranged attack if they're in an animation or you're VERY good at anticipating their next movement since his attack is slow and easy to dodge.
Lastly, people have been complaining heavily about tunneling with PH. Tunneling isn't new, and anyone who usually tunnels, will continue to tunnel regardless of what Killer they are playing. With PH, it's hard to tunnel when they use cage because they spawn across the map. Unless you're in a small map like Coal Tower or The Game, you have a lot of time to be saved before the Killer decides to poke his head your way. In fact, his power encourages not to camp and tunnel due to how it works. The sacrifice is yes, BT and DS, but what's purpose would BT and DS serve if the Killer is across the map anyways?
TLDR; He doesn't need a nerf, and once people have properly mastered him, he's probably around the same tier as Demo if not slightly under.
Comments