Is Omega blink really fixed?

Played Nurse since her release, and while I agree pre nerf omega blink was pretty monstrous, I don't see how it's much worse than before. Sure, your blink charge is increased by 1 second with both addons (Stats from Int3r4ct, video below with timestamps) but you gain +10 meters on your first blink which is 20 meters. Put on M&A and Surveillance and you have basically a slightly worse version of old prayer beads spirit. You can blink on to a generator, acquire your target, and make a really easy chain blink to get a hit or even a grab (if grabs weren't so buggy)

It even helps with the timer in that if a survivor is running in a straight line, you can (with some skill) get a blink without having to be as precise as without the range due to you being able to be in the general vicinity of a survivor much easier from range.


I'm not saying Nurse needs another nerf, but I think if the people who used omega prefnerf were to start using it again they'd realize they are still quite powerful. Honestly, the only thing the devs accomplished with the Nurse rework in my eyes was removing 3+ blinks. Everything else was just a jumbled mess.


[Vid from Int3r4ct]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1vmGIzrnF0


Kavanagh's Last Breath [+6 meters, +0.6 sec added charge time] 9:09

Heavy Panting [+4 meters, +0.4 sec added charge time] 7:23

Comments

  • @ytduh said:

    i can't see any point in this video

    this guy basically 15ranked play in korea or japan if he not played on console i would surprised

    We're talking about the stats of the addons, I know he's not good at the Nurse at all.

    But he's got datamined numbers.

  • I agree that everything else was a complete mess, but I actually like what they did to Omega Blink.

    Now it requires you to change your timing (which most of us will try and not do) and it only works on your 1st blink without the pocket watch addon. This makes it much more of a give and take rather than just outright benefits like before (and lets be honest if the blink accuracy was actually lowered it would never be usable because every blink would just be a random guess if you're going to land where you aim or not lmao)

    If they remove the dependency for the CD addons, I might actually weigh the choice between longer blinks + charge time over something else useful (nothing right now lmao)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Why is this a problem? The reason I don't see this as a problem is because I don't see enough people playing Nurse in general, especially with Omega Blink

    Is it powerful? Yes

    Is it the same? No

    Nurse has by far the highest skill cap, and rather boring if I do say so myself (no offense). It doesn't really attract a lot of players, especially new players and veterans stay away from her unless they like a challenge / feel like playing nurse. She is really stressful to play as.

    I'm not saying it is a problem, like you said not enough people are using it.

    "Honestly, the only thing the devs accomplished with the Nurse rework in my eyes was removing 3+ blinks. Everything else was just a jumbled mess."

    This was the main point in my post.