The Little and the Big Things

This is a General Discussion thread. So, let's discuss about the Perks in the game.

Which do you think are over powered, and why?

What perks, in your opinion, are weak but overused?

What perks, in your opinion, are powerful but never used?

Which perks do you think deserve a buff, and why?

Which perks do you think deserve a nerf?

Do you have any suggestions or ideas for reworks of perks or balancing the perks?

And since this is the opening post, I shall answer my own questions.

I think Decisive Strike is overused but certainly not weak. It is certainly annoying to see, even as a survivor, when an ally uses DS on the first time they're picked up rather than saving it.

Iron Will. I've never encountered a fellow Iron Will user despite the fact it can be such a useful perk. Especially against Nurse. Often times during her fatigue I'll be able to run around her and hide behind her, crouch walk around her and be able to get away because the Nurse presumes I kept on running. Wake Up! is another thing I think is not used enough but it isn't incredibly powerful. Certainly useful though.

I'm going to get some heat for this one, but I think Sprint Burst and other Exhaustion perks deserve a buff. But rather than it returning the Exhaustion decay whilst sprinting I'd love to see it have the crouched bonus recovery brought back. When using this perk I always found myself playing a lot safer and stealthier, which is a good thing since it isn't confrontational like how so many others play.

I'd like Up The Ante to see a little love but, considering which things are affected by RNG, I'd be careful.

But, aside from that, I'd love to hear everyone's opinions. Do you have any fun/creative builds you'd like to share? I'd love for more build variety to be in the game, though I think we're definitely a long way from achieving that sort of flexibility.

Comments

  • I like Monitor and Abuse A LOT!

    I use it on Michael, Hag, Trapper, Clown, Leatherdaddy and it helps them all.

  • Which do you think are over powered, and why?

    I can not think of any at the moment other than ds and I would consider self care but as a solo survivor I find it useful but otherwise with swf it becomes annoying since everyone can heal themselves. 

    —————————————————————-

    What perks, in your opinion, are weak but overused?

    Hex ruin, I can still finish through it. However I am pretty sure this is not the case for beginners 

    —————————————————————-

    What perks, in your opinion, are powerful but never used?

    Object of obsession, I get it because it comes with a cost but at time it is so worth it. I like using it because it give because that horror feeling that i need. “Oh snap the killer see me’ WHAT DO I DO”

    —————————————————————-

    Which perks do you think deserve a buff, and why?

    I say the huntress perk killer territorial, it should be whenever the survivor is near the basement. Instead of just going down the basement. 

    —————————————————————-

    Which perks do you think deserve a nerf?

    Maybe self care, I shouldn’t have to depend on this peel as a survivor even though I do. They should discourage the use of it. And maybe if they do that then iron will can be a buff to where you are quiet while healing. 

    —————————————————————-

    Do you have any suggestions or ideas for reworks of perks or balancing the perks?

    No 

    —————————————————————-

    Nope and here are some of my builds. 

    Laurie 

    Object of obsession

    Window of opportunity 

    Self care (since I play solo) 

    Sole survivor 

    —————————————————————-

    Jake 

    Iron will 

    Calm spirit 

    Self care 

    Free slot 

    —————————————————————-

    Detective tap 

    Tenacity 

    Unbreakable 

    Detective hunch 

    Stake out or self care 






  • Can we buff fire up please? The numbers need bumping up by 2-4% for each tier (probably 2). It just isn't very good tbh but its not that bad.

    Surveillance needs a buff because again it is just not great and isn't worth choosing over many other perks.Could just make it permanent or last for a minute rather than 16 seconds.

    I don't think there are any OP perks to be honest, DS doesn't bother me its a one use thing. Never stopped me getting to rank 1 (I can't blame DS for any losses its not really a big issue.)

    For the rest of the perks that need a buff I will just list.

    Calm
    Stakeout
    Tenacity
    Deja Vu
    Streetwise
    Window of Opportunity
    Pharmacy (By the looks of things it was designed to be trash)

    There are more but those are off the top of my head.

    Oh and can we buff self care?

    Jk don't get triggered

  • @JammyJewels said:
    Which do you think are over powered, and why?

    I actually don't view ANY Perk anymore as overpowered.
    There's still Perks that are greatly annoying, like Decisive Strike, and Perks that are very very VERY powerful if used in the right combination with a good tactic, like Make Your Choice on The Hag with Mint Rag (You'll always have someone on the Hook unless they're leaving them to be sacrificed.), but still, nothing TOO OP.

    @JammyJewels said:
    What perks, in your opinion, are weak but overused?

    Hex: Ruin.

    @JammyJewels said:
    What perks, in your opinion, are powerful but never used?

    Hex: Devour Hope.

    @JammyJewels said:
    Which perks do you think deserve a buff, and why?

    Hex: Devour Hope.
    That 2-Token bonus is crap. Replace it with something better, but still small.

    @JammyJewels said:
    Which perks do you think deserve a nerf?

    Sprint Burst.
    That Exhaustion nerf didn't lower SB's popularity at all in the group of Exhaustion Perks.
    On a side-note, that Exhaustion nerf was meant to lower the popularity of all Exhaustion Perks.
    But i still see everyone and their mother still run Sprint Burst, Adrenaline or Dead Hard.
    Nice job.

    @JammyJewels said:
    Do you have any suggestions or ideas for reworks of perks or balancing the perks?

    Nothing except maybe switch Left Behind around, making you get more repair speed for every repaired Generator while being the last Survivor.

  • @JammyJewels said:
    This is a General Discussion thread. So, let's discuss about the Perks in the game.

    Which do you think are over powered, and why?

    Any perk that is clearly overused, i.e. SC, BBQ, sprintburst (yes still) and ofc DS (RIP next patch hopefully)

    What perks, in your opinion, are weak but overused?

    Ruin (at least mine is always RIP instantly)

    What perks, in your opinion, are powerful but never used?

    Empathy (unless SWF ofc), MYC, kindred, iron will

    Which perks do you think deserve a buff, and why?

    Too many underused perks to name them here

    Which perks do you think deserve a nerf?

    SC,sprintburst,DS,BBQ (need to be careful about this one, it was created to give more incentive to play killer)
    NOED (once gentime is fixed)

    Perks that need a rework:
    Any hex, knock out

    Devs finally need to realize that their game is SWF now and that they can no longer commit to perks designed for soloplayers withotu voice comms